• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for strong opponents winSPWW2 v4.5 and winSPMBT v5.5
03-29-2011, 01:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2011, 02:14 AM by Leo.)
RE: Looking for spiteful opponents WinSPWW2 v 4.5 or WinSPMBT v 5.5.
(03-28-2011, 09:54 PM)low_bidder Wrote: I too, prefer earlier years. I wanted an NATO vs PACT because I have been on the blitz much longer then my profile would indicate. I have noticed that most of the newer ( since the turn of the century) players are from former Pact nations. It seems to me SP players are drifting apart. I consider that bad.
I would hate to see the SP community go the way of "Eve". Eve is a space based Sci Fi role playing game. In it the Russians have created their own little corner of virtual space and made it Russian only. That carries Russian paranoia a little far.There needs to be one Blitz, not the Blitz and the война молнии

While Russians are paranoid, Americans are arrogant. I think the small things such as playing games together can have big results. Such as bringing us closer. So I am doing what I can to bring that about. MY very own reset button.

This is good undertaking and good intention, but why I'm necessary fot it?

It agree, many Russian players become isolated in an own game community and concern all foreigners scornfully. Foreigners usually pay in it the same. But personally I don't limit the circle only to Russian players. I plays both with The British, and with The Americans, and with The Latin Americans and so on. I'm not an isolationist. I at all am not a member "SPR" (special Russian SP club against foreigners) though I write sometimes at their forum.

BTW, many Russian players play only for Russian armies. I don't. I can play for the different nations.

(03-28-2011, 09:54 PM)low_bidder Wrote: With the advent of modern computer based machine translators, Language shouldn't be a barrier.
I consider that any not-English-speaking players should learn English if they want to expand the circle of contacts. As you see, my English isn't ideal, but I'm tryin', Ringo. :)

(03-28-2011, 09:54 PM)low_bidder Wrote: So anyone can play the game as a PBEM scenario, which is what you advertised as wanting to play.
I just stuck several scenarios together and called it a tournament.
Please don't let that word throw you.

But I not obliged to play ANY scenarios on ANY conditions! The arrangement should be preliminary reached, both players should be happy conditions of game.

Except the inconvenient time period, I have noticed that in many scenarios it is necessary to operate 300-400 units. It is tiresome and uncomfort for me. I'll better will be play 3 parties with 100 units, than one big with 300.

Finally, all of us it is played for pleasure, for fun? Understand me correctly, I don't want to begin big long campaign (especially during time period in which I don't have enough of experience) if I don't take pleasure. I don't want to throw on the campaign middle when will bother and by that to put other players in an uncomfortable position. I or will play up to the end, or I won't begin at all. These are my principles.
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2011, 03:28 AM,
I understand. A hobby should be fun. Otherwise, It's a job.
I know a lot of Russian players only play soviet forces. That is why I'm reaching out to them. If I can open the eyes of one Russian, I'll be happy. Somebody else can do the second and the third.
03-30-2011, 12:27 AM,
Leo, I hate to be a bother but I just spent 2 hours translating the AFCENTER 1 set-up notes. Before I get started on the other 8 and blow 2 days of work, would you mind reading this and determining if it makes sense.

амеки;Советы поручали их эшелоны «b» с заказами для того чтобы предотвратить наши блоки от реорганизовывать. Вы должны защитить Wuemme настолько другие оставшийся в живых won' t получает щелкнутым вверх.

Тестеры игры;Малое сражение, Советы должно сохранить их удобоподвижность пока использующ ее. НАТО имеет много противотанковые блоки. Используйте дым для того чтобы покрыть ваше движение. Вы сохранить достаточные круги arty замкнули вулканизационный барабан группа НАТО на наговоре выхода.

Военная миссия:Purdune, Mosborne,

Военная миссия: Совет должен контролировать 1 из 2 наговоров выхода дороги. «управление» в этой игре не никакие блоки НАТО внутри 4 наговора дороги выходит наговор. НАТО должно убить 2/3rds советских кораблей.

I think the 'slang I use is giving the translator a nervous breakdown. I know it is me. Just read it please. I asked Dark wing to read the main page and he went ahead and translated it for me. I didn't mean to ask him for that even though it was appreciated. It's too much work to ask as a favor.
03-30-2011, 04:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-30-2011, 04:56 PM by Leo.)
low_bidder
Sure, I can translate it for you. Your translation is AWFUL and without the original English text badly clearly, about what in general speech. Here a correct variant:

SACEUR G-2; Soviets have committed their “B” echelon with orders to prevent our units from re-organizing. You must defend Wuemme so other survivors won't get snapped up.

SACEUR G-2; Советское командование связалось со своим эшелоном "Б" и поручило ему воспрепятствовать реорганизации наших войск. Вы должны защищать Wuemme таким образом, чтобы другие выжившие отряды не подверглись нападению.

Hints; A small battle, the Soviets must conserve their mobility while using it.

NATO has a lot of Anti-Tank units. Use smoke to cover your movement. You will have to conserve enough arty rounds to break up a NATO cluster at the exit hex.

Примечания: Это небольшая битва, Советские войска должны сохранить свою мобильность во время операции.

У войск НАТО имеется много противотанковых единиц. Используйте дымовые завесы для прикрытия своих войск. Вы должны будете сберечь достаточно артиллерийских боеприпасов, с тем чтобы суметь разгромить войсковую группировку НАТО непосредственно возле точки выхода.

Play testers; Purdune, Mosborne,

Military mission: Soviet must control 1 of the two road exit hexes. “control” in this game meaning no NATO units within 4 hexes of the Road exit hex.

NATO must kill 2/3rds of the Soviet vehicles.

Игровые тестеры: Purdune, Mosborne

Цель военной миссии: Советские войска должны контролировать как минимум одну из двух дорожных точек выхода. "Контролировать" - в данном случае подразумевается, что не должно быть никаких единиц НАТО в радиусе 4-х шестиугольников от дорожной точки выхода.

Войска НАТО должны уничтожить как минимум две трети Советских транспортных средств.

Of course, I'm not the professional translator from English into Russian, but I can translate something else...
03-30-2011, 07:02 PM,
Thank you, that tells me I need to change the way I'm doing this. First I have to get Apertium installed. Babel Fish just isn't up to the task. Second, I need to clean up my own language before I run it thru the translator. Apertium claims to have 128 languages in it's data base but I doubt that American Slang is in there.

I have been approaching the problem by producing 2 separate documents, one English, one Russian. Do you think it would be better to have Both on the same page?
03-30-2011, 09:08 PM,
(03-30-2011, 07:02 PM)low_bidder Wrote: Do you think it would be better to have Both on the same page?
"Both on the same page" looks like better.
01-09-2012, 02:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2012, 02:59 PM by Leo.)
RE: Looking for spiteful opponents WinSPWW2 v 4.5
I'm back! Looking for spiteful opponents WinSPWW2 v 4.5
Important conditions:
1. 8-15 % artillery limit.
2. Avia/artillery bombarding at 0 turn are forbidden (excepting smoke screen statement).

Another conditions are widely discussing...

I can play a single scenarios and PBEM campaigns.
I can do up to 1-4 turns a day.

(E-mail in my profile is working)
01-09-2012, 11:42 PM,
(01-09-2012, 02:57 PM)Leo Wrote: I'm back! Looking for spiteful opponents WinSPWW2 v 4.5
Important conditions:
1. 8-15 % artillery limit.
2. Avia/artillery bombarding at 0 turn are forbidden (excepting smoke screen statement).

Another conditions are widely discussing...

I can play a single scenarios and PBEM campaigns.
I can do up to 1-4 turns a day.

(E-mail in my profile is working)

Hi Leo. Could play a medium map 80x100, 80x80 or something. Artillery 10% on the map.
2000 points of purchase.
Not be a big battle. It's that I have several tough games in progress. You are very good player and I complicate move many units.
Regards
01-10-2012, 12:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2012, 12:13 AM by Leo.)
roman
So, I prefer:

I create game, medium map 80x100, 80x80 or something
July 1944
2000 points
meeting engagement
Me - Nazy Germany
You - ???
Artillery 10% max. (on the map only)
Air sorties - 2 max.
Allowed 10% (200 points max). captured non-infantry units from another nations.
Avia/artillery bombarding at 0 turn are forbidden (excepting smoke screen statement)
45 visibility
22 turns
Basic security

Your remarks?
01-10-2012, 12:24 AM,
Ok. I play with the U.S.. Please do not be map of Normandy because I do not want to deal with hedges.