• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Question for Glynn about Fatigue
03-18-2011, 02:53 AM,
A Question for Glynn about Fatigue
Hi Glynn, I am playing the standard campaign game of Market Garden 44 and I wonder if you could throw some light on the fatigue factor in the game.
I've played many other games PzC games but I have never seen such high an accumulation of fatigue in such a short space of time. It seems the Allied paras only have to open fire and get a huge amount of fatigue, likewise if they assault they can go from none to very high levels instantly.
Perhaps there is nothing special here but I don't seem to remember this happeneing in for instance in Normandy 44, or perhaps this is indeed a special circumstance for this campaign.
I looked in the campaign notes but could not find a solution so perhaps you could help explain if there is something unusual about this particular campaign.
My oppenent has also mentioned high levels of fatigue amongst some of his Axis units so maybe it's general to this game.
I appreciate any light you could throw on the subject as it seems a bit baffling to me.

Cheers,
Gordoncheers
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2011, 04:19 AM,
RE: A Question for Glynn about Fatigue
Hi Gordon,

Pending Glenn replying, you can check the pdt file (F-4 key I think) to see what the fatigue settings are. I think fatigue accumulation is stardard across the games, but recovery isn't and recovery might be a lot slower in MG44. Anyway, I am at work or I would take a peak at things, otheriwse I can check tonight.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-18-2011, 04:40 AM,
(03-18-2011, 04:19 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Hi Gordon,

Pending Glenn replying, you can check the pdt file (F-4 key I think) to see what the fatigue settings are. I think fatigue accumulation is stardard across the games, but recovery isn't and recovery might be a lot slower in MG44. Anyway, I am at work or I would take a peak at things, otheriwse I can check tonight.

Rick

There is nothing different about MG44 re Fatigue.

Certainly the Para units would drop as COYS and it is alway a good idea to combine COYS into Btln to reduce Fatigue, but it should be no different than say the Allies in Normandy except maybe in N44 there is more Bocage for cover for the coys.

Glenn
Send this user an email
03-18-2011, 06:36 AM,
Hi Guys, Thanks for the replies, fatigue recovery in Normandy is 10 whereas in Market Garden it is 8. How much differenece that makes I don't know but I wouldn't think it was a lot.

Cover such as bocage makes a big difference I'm sure although I have tried to defend in forest or village hexes whereas the enemy was in open terrain.

However combining the Coy's in into Battalions in Market Garden seems to me not be an option because of the area they must defend.

So then if they were facing larger units that could account for this high fatigue when they open fire and receive enemy op fire.

OK no problem I just wondered if there was something different with this game to take into account lightly armed paras against the SS or other larger units.

Perhaps it's just the luck of the dice rolls.:(

Thanks again,

Gordon:chin: