• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tournament
03-22-2011, 09:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2011, 09:46 AM by Gila.)
RE: Tournament
(03-21-2011, 08:08 AM)keepitloki Wrote: Thanks to everybody who responded. Updates will be coming soon.

It would nice to have a limited z-fire rule also, ie) used only on units that fires and yet unspotted.
It gets annoying (not to mention very boring) when a player fires every round in his turn as area suppression:(
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2011, 12:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2011, 12:50 PM by keepitloki.)
Yes, when the full rule list is published here there will be a no infantry z-fire rule. Z-fire will be restricted to MGs and Cannon/Mortars (i.e. guns firing HE).
More later.
Furthermore pending a proper update from me I would like to cut off any further enlistment. Sorry for any disappointment this may cause, but I need to lay down exactly how this thing is going to play out before I get swamped.
So, for now, players will be:

Gabeeg
Gila
Walrus
Roman
Greybeard
Stonefire
GUNSLNGR
03-23-2011, 08:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2011, 08:42 AM by Gila.)
(03-22-2011, 12:44 PM)keepitloki Wrote: Yes, when the full rule list is published here there will be a no infantry z-fire rule. Z-fire will be restricted to MGs and Cannon/Mortars (i.e. guns firing HE).
More later.
Furthermore pending a proper update from me I would like to cut off any further enlistment. Sorry for any disappointment this may cause, but I need to lay down exactly how this thing is going to play out before I get swamped.
So, for now, players will be:

Gabeeg
Gila
Walrus
Roman
Greybeard
Stonefire
GUNSLNGR
Sounds like a good rule to me, as in z-fire.
I see only 7, so i assume you to be playing in this also:)
03-23-2011, 12:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2011, 12:13 PM by roman.)
Because you do not want fire suppression? It has advantages and disadvantages.
The advantage is that it can eliminate chances of ambush.
The disadvantage is that it alerts the enemy on the position of our troops.
I think if you remove other possibility lose tactics.
03-24-2011, 09:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-24-2011, 09:49 AM by Gila.)
(03-23-2011, 12:12 PM)roman Wrote: Because you do not want fire suppression? It has advantages and disadvantages.
The advantage is that it can eliminate chances of ambush.
The disadvantage is that it alerts the enemy on the position of our troops.
I think if you remove other possibility lose tactics.
I know you like using unlimited z-fire tactics as i've played you several times;)
ALL Infrantry tanks, armour ect. able to z-fire every round they have in a turn is not very realistic IMO.
More like a video game.
You'd still have the MG's that can fire at every rabbit, squirrel mouse ect, which is more realistic.
Would it hurt to cool your guns a little and save on some ammo?:)
03-25-2011, 12:45 AM,
A full rule document will be posted here soon.
There are always people who fall into different camps with regard to how they like to play SP. Both sides of the Z-fire fence have their arguments, and both sides have their point. Its really just a matter of opinion.
However in the case of this tournament the rules are the rules and not open to negotiation.
I won't be playing in the tournament, but I want to limit the total number of players to 8, and I want to give people a chance to reconsider once the finished rule document is published.