• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ancient Wars Training Grounds
03-04-2011, 01:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2011, 01:26 PM by Wolfgang.)
Ancient Wars Training Grounds
Hey there,

Well I figured I'd start up this thread since I've gotten numerous responses cheers from people who want to learn how to play but just haven't had an opportunity.

I'll run off the ladder training matches (except for one to get me out of bootcamp) for any who want to learn the game. I'm still learning too!
It doesn't matter who wins or loses in these - its all about getting to know ancient wars. Most scenarios ill go for are the smaller ones at first.

I only have Punic Wars at the moment so I'll run training/for fun scenarios in that.

So here are a couple of things i've noticed about the game that may help out new players:

- The game tends to run best by itself as far as alt tabbing between the game and other windows. I've learned its best to just close the game entirely rather than minimize it and try to work in another program.

- The word docs work better alongside punic wars than the pdf ones if you want to alt tab between the game and the documents.

- I figured out that I had to Disable the Command Box in the Options menu in order to get all the hotkeys to work.

- I've uploaded a small .Doc file that has all the hotkeys listed on it in my file section. Feel free to download it!
AncientWars-Hotkeys.rtf
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2011, 04:57 PM,
RE: Ancient Wars Training Grounds
- I've uploaded a small .Doc file that has all the hotkeys listed on it in my file section. Feel free to download it!
AncientWars-Hotkeys.rtf

This is helpful thanks! jonny ;)
06-16-2011, 06:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2011, 06:28 PM by Wolfgang.)
Hey no problem and if you wanna try a game we can play it off the ladder.

Also you may find the blog 'Gladius' useful for playing tips (it helped me):
http://tjd-gladius.blogspot.com/
Send this user an email
06-16-2011, 06:43 PM,
(06-16-2011, 06:19 PM)Ironwulf Wrote: Hey no problem and if you wanna try a game we can play it off the ladder.

Also you may find the blog 'Gladius' useful for playing tips (it helped me):
http://tjd-gladius.blogspot.com/

Ok make a move! Punic wars. jonny :eek1:Big Grin
But it may take me a day to figure it out a bit.