• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Newb Mius/PzC question
03-03-2011, 05:42 AM,
Newb Mius/PzC question
Is there any way to zoom or enlarge the 2D normal map? on my 1680x1050 widescreen the hexes are just to dang small. I am anticipating the answer is "No"....but just in case you all knew of a trick...or I am missing the magic "zoom" button...

...I could change the screen resolution but I hate doing that...
Kind Regards,
Harry
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2011, 06:20 AM,
RE: Newb Mius/PzC question
Yes there is. You have 4 levels to choose from - 2 are "3-d" although actually it just uses a graphical unit display over an isometric style map, plus the standard 2-d and a zoomed out 2-d. The zoomed out 2-d won't work for you, it would just be smaller, but the regular 3-d will give you the largest hexes. The units also can be set to display factors on them in that setting, so some really prefer it. Go to View on the menu and the choices are at the bottom. Under settings is a place to set the start up view also, so you don't have to change it everytime unless you like use multiple views.

I run my monitor at home at 1900x1260 or so, about that ratio, so not sure why you are having problems :), LOL but there are options to try. My old eyes can still see it okay, but I think a lot of it is what I am used to also.
[Image: exercise.png]
03-03-2011, 06:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2011, 09:20 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
Yes, just keep pushing the white PLUS symbol on the Black background button too zoom into 3D-Normal.

Also ensure you have you have the "Settings \ 3D Counters" check on in the menu so you see the "cardboard counter effect" vs the graphical symbols.

Glenn
Send this user an email
03-03-2011, 05:36 PM,
Or use the hot key "4" to jump right to the 3D screen. You still see a lot of real estate and can now see all the detail of the elevations in the 3D mode.

When using a high resolution monitor like yours gabeeg, the 2d view becomes my "in between jump map" so to speak. I still use it for obtaining the big picture or plotting some artillery fire in those really big CG scenarios. 2d is still good enough at such high resolution to choose a lead unit in a divisional column and have them move up to the front using divisional movement. Really gets that ants go marching feeling. LOL!

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
03-05-2011, 04:24 AM,
Thanks for the responses guys!

What I was really hoping for was the size of hex of the 3D normal view...but in 2D with the 3D normal mode unit icons (with info). Basically I want a larger 2D map for higher resolution displays.

(right now I am running it on the 3D normal map with the informational counters)