• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sniper vs Armoured vehicle.
03-05-2011, 12:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2011, 12:01 AM by low_bidder.)
RE: Sniper vs Armoured vehicle.
Early WW2 tanks had slots cut in the armor to see out of. Any sort of rifle barrel would fit through one. Any rifle bullet fired into the interior will bounce around until it finds a soft spot ( tank crew) to rest in. Engines were covered by a grills. Some were even armored. The slots were wide enough to accept that same rifle that just killed half the crew. bullets bouncing around inside an engine compartment are bad on the engine. Wires, pumps, distributer, carburator hoses, etc. can all be disabled by a bullet. disabling them stops the tank and it's half dead crew.
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2011, 12:41 AM,
I started a thread over at Shrapnel regarding the possiblity of changing 'close assaults' to same hex only:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47111

Feel free to support or shoot down the idea :hissy:

cheers
03-05-2011, 01:38 AM,
Correct me if I am wrong, and I know ya'll will...

Doesn't a close assault already have to occur in the same hex?

AFAIK, before an infantry unit will close assault an adjoining hex, it must have enough movement remaining to enter the enemy unit hex. Essentially a close assault is the unit moving in close for the kill. So, the assault actually occurs in the same hex and it is held if successful. If it fails, the assaulting unit is forced back to it's original hex. Yes?

GUNSLNGR

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push."

03-05-2011, 04:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2011, 04:05 AM by Vesku.)
You can make an assault from adjacent hex with 0 movement points, it's just a bit harder to succeed with a fast moving infantry.
Edit:typo
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]