• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

3rd Party Art Mods, Sound Mods, Helpful Info
03-14-2011, 02:30 AM,
RE: 3rd Party Art Mods, Sound Mods, Helpful Info
Interesting. What happens when you upgrade the game, do you back up the MOD folders? Do you have to reinstall the MOD program? ...or does it just work?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2011, 08:47 AM,
What I usually do, just to be safe is de-activate all mods, update game, then see if I want to update any files in the mods folders(you ALWAYS mod files while de-activated), update if I like, then activate mod again. The beauty thing of this proggy is it just works!! download program, run once, it makes necessary folders, putmods in folders the activate as you like, very simple and no repercussions of overwriting something by accident!! The only limitation is that say two mods have modded exe's, it won't like to double-install them, so you would just update one exe in that case to encompass all the changes you want, then have that exe in one mod. If anyone EVER has any questions about JSGME and capabilities, please just ask me, I've been using this for a lot of years!! I'll be happy to help you out, if possible.

Mike
03-15-2011, 11:18 AM,
RD_DeathDealer....Thanks for the sound link, and sharing your mod. I look forward to hearing all of the good stuff!

Warhourse...Super Idea about using JSGME. I just downloaded it..Thanks!

Verrückte Katze...Where can I find all of those mods you are using?
03-15-2011, 02:20 PM,
(03-15-2011, 11:18 AM)Checkmate King 2 Wrote: RD_DeathDealer....Thanks for the sound link, and sharing your mod. I look forward to hearing all of the good stuff!

Warhourse...Super Idea about using JSGME. I just downloaded it..Thanks!

Verrückte Katze...Where can I find all of those mods you are using?

Can you suggest a place I could upload them into? About a dozen OGG files, 30 megs...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-16-2011, 02:19 AM,
I never uploaded large files before so I have no idea. Maybe one of the guys will have some helpful suggestions.
03-16-2011, 03:41 AM,
Oops, since I re-did the OGG files with a better sound quality, it is more like 50 megs... Again, with any OGG converter, discussed earlier in this thread, one can create his or hers (like there would be any!) favourite background files.

The beauty of replacing the background files is the fact they are played on a random order, creating a very different athmosphere to a scenario depending which one get played.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-16-2011, 09:07 AM,
Rapidshare?? I used that before, it's not bad.

Mike
03-17-2011, 08:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2011, 08:54 AM by Larry Reese.)
Wasn't there a map pack once, at least for EF, that updated road, villages, trees, that kind of thing? I thought it was touted to bring EF up to WF standards/scales or something like that? (not that WF is all that great) I think it even had telephone poles by some of the roads or something like that.

LR

OH, btw, what is the meaning of the "Night Scenarios" mods in the "User Mods" folder? I was under the impression that EF,WF,and RS were all night scenario capable at this point?
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
03-17-2011, 04:17 PM,
I think the map pack was from the Zelgudschmeide site, (think that's the right name). Had them myself once, they were quite good, but lost them somehow. Last time I looked they weren't downloadable anymore for some reason. I know I passed them onto a couple of other guys so, not sure if someone else may have them?
03-17-2011, 07:37 PM,
(03-17-2011, 08:52 AM)Larry Reese Wrote: Wasn't there a map pack once, at least for EF, that updated road, villages, trees, that kind of thing? I thought it was touted to bring EF up to WF standards/scales or something like that? (not that WF is all that great) I think it even had telephone poles by some of the roads or something like that.

LR

OH, btw, what is the meaning of the "Night Scenarios" mods in the "User Mods" folder? I was under the impression that EF,WF,and RS were all night scenario capable at this point?

I think you may be thinking of the Don Maddox stuff? He went on the Armchair General site and I have not seen his mods available for download. His map mod did bring EF into the WF scale and he also had snow and mud mods that improved the map.
We used to have it stored on this site but, that was long ago. I lost the files when I upgraded to Matrix. :(

cheers

HSL