• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

3rd Party Art Mods, Sound Mods, Helpful Info
03-01-2011, 05:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2011, 05:03 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: 3rd Party Art Mods, Sound Mods, Helpful Info
LOL, sounds like a fun mod. I was actually thinking providing Jason with a token of appreciation for his availability on these boards - in a form of a new bitmap for Canadian motorised leaders.

The new bitmap would include a fella in a black suit standing next to a shiny white Saab 9-3 :smoke:

Too bad I absolutely cannot draw a bitmap of any sorts. :hissy: Anyone?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2011, 03:41 AM,
(03-01-2011, 05:03 PM)Die Verrückte Katze Wrote: LOL, sounds like a fun mod. I was actually thinking providing Jason with a token of appreciation for his availability on these boards - in a form of a new bitmap for Canadian motorised leaders.

The new bitmap would include a fella in a black suit standing next to a shiny white Saab 9-3 :smoke:

Too bad I absolutely cannot draw a bitmap of any sorts. :hissy: Anyone?

*laughs*

Awesome!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
03-12-2011, 07:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2011, 10:37 PM by Death~Dealer.)
Checkmate King 2 & All-

I made up some sounds for East Front and West Front (still working on Rising Sun). I was able to complete the beta version of weapons, explosions and airstrikes. Assault, Movement and Music will come on a later date because of access issues of where I'm at.

This sound mod is about 70% complete and can standalone for now. It should get you away from the stock and into a more interesting experience when gaming-I hope :eek1:

Here's the link:

EF-WF DeathDealer Sounds

Here's a basic set of instructions to install (follow this complete set of instructions for EF, then when that's done repeat for WF):

1) Create a Back-up folder on your desktop or somewhere else
2) Go into EF folder
3) Right click on white area and Sort By> Type
4) Find 0explosion0 and copy everything up to 30movement0
5) Paste into your Back-Up folder
6) Copy and replace/unzip and replace the sound mod files into the EF folder
7) Fire up a game

I also created some 'wrecks' graphics -an Icons3D file- just back up and replace for that too (EF, WF and RS) if you are interested.

Devil
03-12-2011, 10:59 PM,
Nice! Where'd you get the sounds?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-13-2011, 12:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-13-2011, 12:25 AM by Warhorse.)
Just a suggestion, if you use JSGME, a swapping utility available for free, you can do this on the fly, no need to overwrite anything!!Big Grin Link here-http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/softwar...jsgme.html
Mike
03-13-2011, 01:35 AM,
Verrückte Katze-

It's a long story...I take wave samples of actual WWII weapon sounds from 'You Tube' videos, clean them up/mix them with sound editing programs, then convert them into certain files (JTCS=.ogg, Close Combat=.sfx, etc.). Some of the richochets and 'whining' rounds are from various Close Combat wave files.

That's my claim to fame I guess when it comes to sounds, I prefer real MP40's cracking off rounds rather than the manufactured 'dut-dut-dut.'
:smg:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Warhorse-

Thanks, checking it out now :chin:
03-13-2011, 01:41 AM,
I was forrtunate enough to check Deathdealers sound mod out before their release and they are well worth the download. They really add to the game.
03-13-2011, 06:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-13-2011, 09:36 PM by Crossroads.)
(03-13-2011, 12:23 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Just a suggestion, if you use JSGME, a swapping utility available for free, you can do this on the fly, no need to overwrite anything!!Big Grin Link here-http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/softwar...jsgme.html
Mike

Mike, the tool requires a similar folder structure under the \MODS folder as what the game uses.

Since all the sound files and bitmaps are directly under e.g. \West Front, does it mean there needs to be no subfolder under \MODS either?

EDIT: Got it! I installed JSGME under West Front, to have a game specific executable. I then created a MODS subfolder, into which I created three subfolders: "Krazy Kat's War Movie Themes", "DeathDealer's Assault Movement and Explosions" and "DeathDealer's Icons".

Then put the various ogg files and bitmaps to their relative folders.

JSGME now recognises these three as available mods. How cool!

[Image: GME-2.jpg]

For the mods available in the installation, it would be a similar task to just moving those folders there as well, including that mother of all user mods, the PANZER LEADER mod for WF and BLITZ for EF :thumbs_up:

EDIT2: Yep, that worked as well. Picture updated.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-13-2011, 08:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-13-2011, 09:38 PM by Crossroads.)
(03-13-2011, 01:41 AM)billk1 Wrote: I was forrtunate enough to check Deathdealers sound mod out before their release and they are well worth the download. They really add to the game.

Absolutely! cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-14-2011, 01:06 AM,
Excellent!! I use this modswapper a lot, makes swapping files so easy, since I mostly tinker all the time!! Glad to hear you got it going ok.

Mike