• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Parachute questions
02-27-2011, 05:32 AM,
RE: Parachute questions
(02-27-2011, 02:45 AM)Scud Wrote: like shelling your own fixed units to unfix them.

This is no longer possible, is it?

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2011, 05:37 AM,
Dunno, I just assumed it was.
Send this user an email
02-27-2011, 08:19 AM,
(02-27-2011, 05:37 AM)Scud Wrote: Dunno, I just assumed it was.

No, I believe they (Talonsoft) fixed that years ago.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
02-27-2011, 08:49 AM,
And to think all this time I could have been shelling my own guys! :)

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-27-2011, 12:11 PM,
(02-27-2011, 08:49 AM)Scud Wrote: And to think all this time I could have been shelling my own guys! :)

Dave

To think that all this time I have been shelling my own blokes, for nothing!! :(.
03-01-2011, 08:49 AM,
Talking about stupid things with fixed units... I can't stand that even if you have a whole pile of units in a hex, if the enemy only shoots at one of them, only that one is freed.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
03-02-2011, 04:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2011, 04:37 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
(02-25-2011, 08:04 PM)Larry Reese Wrote: Actually, I don't mind the paratroop platoons losing strength on landing (in fact, I would ask for it if they didn't) I just think it should show up on the score board. One side has lost those men and their fire power for the scenario, for whatever reason, I'd like to see it reflected on the point totals/score too. But that's just me.

LR

The other problem with this would be setting victory conditions.

It would be near impossible.

A 6 SP parachute unit that does not land in a clear hex could lose 1 to 5 SP's or 3 to 15 vp.

A mere 20 6 SP parachute units landing not in clear terrain could yield losses from 20 to 100 SP or 60 to 300 vp.

Keep in mind those are random losses to boot.

Having that much a variable would make for very poor scenarios as the VP would always be off.

Additionally parachuting unit are reiforcements. Reinforcements don't actually show up under your strength totals until they arrive. Also you do not lose points for reinforcements that you elect not to bring into play. So think of it like this. When a 6 SP parachute unit is listed as reinforcement it may actaully only arrive as a 2 SP parachute unit and it is at that point that the 2 SP are added to your overall strength.

Thanx!

Hawk