• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Initial thoughts on early play
02-18-2011, 05:15 AM,
Initial thoughts on early play
May not have had much time playing yet and still got a whole lot to learn and at the moment the one thing I'm sure of is I'm not very good but that said my initial thoughts on game play are that the Germans are much harder side to play at least whilst learning.
With the Soviets there is a lot more to do lots more units lots more options and of course you have the factories to worry about but well early days your expected to get beat and beat pretty bad what I think the soviets have got is room for mistakes.
Playing German yes it seems easier the Panzers are almost invincible early stages but what makes them harder is that the clock is always ticking With historical weather you get 17 turns to do your worst before the mud kicks in and it's very easy to make mistakes in those first 17 turns that means vital goals reamain unattained. If you can recover from this and make it through the blizzards I don't know haven't got that far yet but from early play I would suggest that the German attacks in 1941 will get better as more people get more playing time for now there is much talk about balance favouring the Soviets but for me till the German attackers learn the game balance is hard to judge.
Maybe I should have kept this simpler and just said that defence is easier than attack but heck I like to waffle espesially about this game at the moment
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2011, 05:34 AM,
RE: Initial thoughts on early play
Agreed Typhoon. The Soviets can partially get by in moving units, and digging in, and not much else. But the Axis have to plan their attacks to cause maximum damage and disruption, and I know in our game I have missed a lot of chances at losses - especially hitting the Soviet airfields with air strikes on turn 1.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-18-2011, 01:11 PM,
RE: Initial thoughts on early play
(02-18-2011, 05:34 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Agreed Typhoon. The Soviets can partially get by in moving units, and digging in, and not much else. But the Axis have to plan their attacks to cause maximum damage and disruption, and I know in our game I have missed a lot of chances at losses - especially hitting the Soviet airfields with air strikes on turn 1.

Rick

I think the axis has to be friggin' relentless...there is the short term picture...and the long term...in the beginning there has to maximum destruction of Stavka; then Berlin has to be protected.

Marquo