• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Am I missing something
02-16-2011, 04:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2011, 04:56 AM by typhoon.)
Am I missing something
Enjoyed posting the images so much yesterday here is some more for today. This time I'm Russian and what worrying me is how the German player keeps comming even though I'm cutting off his units everywhere. perhaps this is how you got to play as German but I'm not convinced
[Image: 3253094120one.jpg]

Is Lenningrad really in trouble?
[Image: 319a8a538etwo.jpg]

Forgot to resize the images sorry about that morer Panzers in trouble in the centre
[Image: 80b63b640athree.jpg]

To complete the story some trapped germans in the south. Questions are though is this what the Germans are suppossed to do to maintain momentum? and two having got them isolated what can the Russian do to hurt them?
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2011, 02:47 PM,
RE: Am I missing something
The German player is in trouble if he keeps on doing that. You must reinforce the pockets so that during the next turn, you can attack him and make him surrender. Easier said than done as your counter attack strength during the start of the war is not so good.
Send this user an email
02-19-2011, 05:12 AM,
How aptly named this post turnned out to be Big Grin
02-19-2011, 01:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2011, 01:34 PM by Marquo.)
(02-19-2011, 05:12 AM)typhoon Wrote: How aptly named this post turnned out to be Big Grin

The Soviets are allowed to counterattack as soon as turn one....
03-26-2011, 09:36 PM,
How does surrounding/isolating on a tactical level work in this game? Does the PzC practice of making a circle of connecting ZoC's work? Or do the movement rules/ZOC of WITE make it so that your encirclement needs to be more comprehensive?
03-26-2011, 10:40 PM,
ZoC's will work though I think you actually have to control the territory rather then just contest it.
03-26-2011, 11:42 PM,
Although I am just getting into this game, If I were the German, I would be terrified to find myself in the situations demonstrated in the screen shots.

I would say the German is looking for a serious beating if he continues what he is doing with his spearheads.