• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for opponents winSPWW2
02-17-2011, 08:05 AM,
RE: Looking for opponents winSPWW2
(02-17-2011, 06:46 AM)jadpanther Wrote: I forsee lots of panthers and long 75's or 88's.......plus hordes of infantry all armed with stgver 44's and panzerfaust against soviet rifles and tank mines..........It's not like I have not done it before.

That makes me smile...Big Grin

GUNSLNGR

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push."

Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2011, 12:04 PM,
Well, what about September 1942?
No stg44
No panzerfaust\panzerschreck
No long-barreled 75 or 88 at all.
Everything as you love

(If you want, for more balance I suggest to allow to buy up to 10 % troops as the allied or captured)

It agree?

Some questions:
1. Who creates a game?
2. Recon and transport air units not allowed?

Hmmmmmmm.........in 42' there were alot of long 75mm guns......lol.....mounted on marders, stug's, Panzer4's......all great tanks. Plus the Tiger is available in 8/42 in not mistaken......and it has an 88!!!!........lol......I can play this time period as well. You pick, and you can set the game.......I'll figure something out, I've done this once or twice before. Just send me the files when your ready.

Recon allowed.....always, no air transports.

Jad
02-18-2011, 02:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2011, 10:25 PM by Leo.)
jadpanther
I have sent a file. Between times, there is an interest to return to discussion about balance:
(02-17-2011, 12:04 PM)jadpanther Wrote: Hmmmmmmm.........in 42' there were alot of long 75mm guns......lol.....mounted on marders, stug's, Panzer4's......all great tanks. Plus the Tiger is available in 8/42 in not mistaken......and it has an 88!!!!........lol.....

They (75mm guns) are long-barreled only in comparison with 75L24 (not 75L70 and 88L71). On my taste, they are rather medium-barreled... But if it long-barreled, then also Soviet 76L41 and 57L73 - long-barreled!
In September 1942, Soviets also may buy Pz IV and StuG III (great tanks, as you say) unlimited as own nation!

Ok, let they will be long-barreled. Give we will return in 1944?
(02-17-2011, 06:46 AM)jadpanther Wrote: LOL.......sure I can do that......but I don't see the balance.
I will show him to you.

(02-17-2011, 06:46 AM)jadpanther Wrote: I forsee lots of panthers and long 75's or 88's.......plus hordes of infantry all armed with stgver 44's and panzerfaust against soviet rifles and tank mines...

You may buy Paratroops with Tokarev (similar with stg44) and satchel charge (against tanks). 12-men squad, good elite infantry with moderate cost.

Why only tank mines? You may buy some units with FT, molotov, RPG-43, Bazooka or Piat... That's enough.

In Jule 1944 against Russians? Hmm, I forsee lots of cheap, well armored tanks with long 75's, 88's (as captured), 76 obr 42's, 85's, 122 D-25T's, 152L32's, 3inL53's.....plus hordes of infantry all armed with Tokarev's and satchel charge against week German Kar 98k rifles and Geballte ladungs.....plus hordes cheapest, self-mobile, rapid-fire, deadly effective Katyusha and Andryusha! :)

I not the special fan of Russian OOB, but it is not necessary to show false modesty in this case. In 1944, I can play for Russian against Germans (or vs. any other nation) without any complaints to a disbalance.
03-01-2011, 08:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2011, 08:34 PM by Leo.)
Still looking for opponents to play a game of winSPWW2 v 4.25.

Preferable conditions:
2000-6000 pp.
All realism preferences ON.
Off-map artillery is denied.
10% artillery limit or even it is less.
Ammo carriers are allowed.
Avia/artillery bombard in 0 and 1 turn are forbidden (excepting smoke screen statement).
Map size 100x100 or above.
Visibility is 40-60.
Game length is 20-30.
Basic security.

I usually prefer to play for Germany, August 1944, but it is not obligatory only so.

I can do up to 1-4 turns a day, but not every day.
03-01-2011, 09:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2011, 09:45 PM by Gila.)
(03-01-2011, 08:20 PM)Leo Wrote: Still looking for opponents to play a game of winSPWW2 v 4.25.

Preferable conditions:
2000-6000 pp.
All realism preferences ON.
Off-map artillery is denied.
10% artillery limit or even it is less.
Ammo carriers are allowed.
Avia/artillery bombard in 0 and 1 turn are forbidden (excepting smoke screen statement).
Map size 100x100 or above.
Visibility is 40-60.
Game length is 20-30.
Basic security.

I usually prefer to play for Germany, August 1944, but it is not obligatory only so.

I can do up to 1-4 turns a day, but not every day.

I could do this,except not too large forces suggest 4k pts,
artillery set at 5% and no off map arty, small tubes that come with infrantry are allowed with no cost to arty total.
map 80x80 to 100x100
No absolutely NO z-fire allowed that means never.
Air 1 pt each side.
No pre-bombard except smoke.
50% armour to infrantry ratio which means don't go crazy with either this does not include APC's mean't for carrying troops unless if are AT halftracks or SP close support which have a low carry capacity and should count to arty or armour.
Buy coy size formations first.
1 scout 1 sniper and no more than 2 mmg teams per 2 coy of infrantry, this DOES include lmg's and mmg's teams that come with a coy of infrantry,so to say if you got lmg mmg's teams already within the coy, then you can't buy any more.
Ammo units go for them if you want but i don't use them.
I'll play the Reds 9/44,I also have the CD if interested in a short campaign in that case we start with a smaller core.
03-01-2011, 09:57 PM,
(03-01-2011, 09:11 PM)Gila Wrote: ...artillery set at 5% and no off map arty, small tubes that come with infrantry are allowed with no cost to arty total...

...No absolutely NO z-fire allowed that means never...

...50% armour to infrantry ratio which means don't go crazy with either this does not include APC's mean't for carrying troops unless if are AT halftracks or SP close support which have a low carry capacity and should count to arty or armour.
Buy coy size formations first.
1 scout 1 sniper and no more than 2 mmg teams per 2 coy of infrantry, this DOES include lmg's and mmg's teams that come with a coy of infrantry,so to say if you got lmg mmg's teams already within the coy, then you can't buy any more...

These rules are too hard for me. I am compelled to reject your offer.
03-01-2011, 10:28 PM,
Actually i thought they were very balanced and fair, eliminates some that gamey play exploitation.
Oh well:whis:
03-02-2011, 01:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2011, 03:56 AM by Leo.)
Sorry, but your setting is unrealistic.

Z-fire (not aim fire) was very often used in all real battles for suppress and even destroy enemy troops. Rifles, SMG's, BMG's, grenades, especially MG's and various artillery systems was used for it.

5% artillery? In reality, quantity of artillery tubes was more than quantity of tanks or assault guns, practically in all military operations.
03-02-2011, 04:19 AM,
I'll play

Re Z fire : Recon by fire and suppressive fire have been doctrine for decades. I feel that the way it is represented in SPWW2/MBT is very accurate. I've seen posts complaining that Z fire will hit troops behind buildings but it does happen. There are ricochets, bullets bouncing and spinning off in all directions, not to mention the use of arcing fire by direct fire weapons which is a certain talent in itself and very effective when executed by a soldier who is adept at the technique.

Back to the game.

I usually play only Germany in WW2 but I can go with USA or UK also in 44'.
03-02-2011, 04:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2011, 04:35 AM by roman.)
Ugh. I got tired of reading so many rulesBig Grin
The important thing is to fight ...
:boom3: 50cal