• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

**Disaster at Dompaire WF
03-02-2011, 05:15 AM,
RE: **Disaster at Dompaire WF
Hawk, Dave, I agree with you. Check post no. 13, that's exactly what I did do - comment on the scenario.
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2011, 05:54 AM,
Gentlemen,

Having taken a hands off approach to this thread SO FAR, I have decided to remind all posters of ROE#20

https://www.theblitz.club/rules_of_engag...rds/rid=20

Please read and remember the possible consequences of any further breaches.

Thank you for your time.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
03-03-2011, 10:27 PM,
Even if a scenario were to be unbalanced, it would be easy to relabel it as 'recommended as axis' or as allied.

However, since Huib (and myself) like to design scenarios, it would be fun to take into consideration *what* needs to be corrected. That's where you guys come in. Just say what the deal was, and the scenario designer should fix it.

IMO, virtually all scenarios show a great deal of potential. The only ones that need work are the 'broken' ones that have files issues and the like. Unbalanced ones could be balanced easily or labeled 'vs. computer only, like i mentioned above.

In the meantime, I *like* to read the flame wars... Big Grin :stir:
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
03-14-2011, 06:20 AM,
(03-03-2011, 10:27 PM)John Given Wrote: Even if a scenario were to be unbalanced, it would be easy to relabel it as 'recommended as axis' or as allied.

However, since Huib (and myself) like to design scenarios, it would be fun to take into consideration *what* needs to be corrected. That's where you guys come in. Just say what the deal was, and the scenario designer should fix it.

IMO, virtually all scenarios show a great deal of potential. The only ones that need work are the 'broken' ones that have files issues and the like. Unbalanced ones could be balanced easily or labeled 'vs. computer only, like i mentioned above.

In the meantime, I *like* to read the flame wars... Big Grin :stir:

Finished the game and found it thoroughly enjoyable.
Played with EA on and AF off.
I think the scenario has been altered as I, as Allies, didn't get the air support as in the description.
Not sure what my opponent felt about the game, that is for him to say but, I really enjoyed the task.
03-14-2011, 09:26 AM,
Hi All
I didn't even realize you guys were talking about this scneario :)
Let me know what changes may need to be made
I strove to make this scenario as fun as possible ! It is really quite historically accurate. The exception is that in real life the Germans were hit by three flights of Thunderbolts, about 40 aircraft. The Germans also suffered from poor leadership and had little experience. And yes the Germans really did show up drunk !
Have to check this area more often
Cam
03-14-2011, 10:34 AM,
Cam,

I haven't played the scenario, so I don't know if it is good or bad or whatever.
But IMHO it's not "really quite historically accurate", as you stated in your post.

According to the chapter "Disaster at Dompaire" in Osprey Campaign Series No. 75,
'Lorraine 1944' by S. Zaloga
"Langlade's force was composed of three battlegroups. ....... Each group had
15 M4A2 medium tanks with 75mm guns, one M4A2 with a 76mm gun,
three to four M10 tank destroyers, and one or two companies of infantry."

Each of the three battlegroups in your scen is stronger than the complete
French task force actually was (assuming Osprey's numbers are correct).
And the German OoB isn't much better.

No offense meant, you've probably altered the OoB's to make the scen balanced,
or playable at all, but historical accuracy is something different to me.

Regards
Schlonz
03-14-2011, 01:19 PM,
No offense taken at all :)
Yes, an obscure battle, with limited resources to take from
Yes, playability is an issue, because the Germans were just massacred

On the aside, there is lots of great ideas for scenarios, with limited information

Two I have been working on are the Battle of Kissiou and The Fight for Hill 262. Just Google them. Great ideas for scenarios, French Foreign Legion fighting Vichy French and Poles fighting SS

Cam
03-14-2011, 02:45 PM,
Can't we all just get along... Too many tragic issues in the world to be less than cordial with our wargaming buddies... Just say'n... ;)

I reviewed the scenario... It looks interesting... It is on my to play list... probably because I've been playing several WF Sep 44 scenarios recently...

I sort of look at like this... One man's lemon is another man's lemonade... LOL..
03-27-2011, 08:37 AM,
...obviously, my scens suck. They are, however scens...I don't design games. If you like it, you do...if you don't, you don't. If it is one of mine, one does not like...it is still, still...no skin off my bum.

cheers
Town Drunk
04-17-2011, 12:19 PM,
Okay to activate this thread again ?
Cam