• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

**Disaster at Dompaire WF
02-10-2011, 07:04 AM,
RE: **Disaster at Dompaire WF
(02-10-2011, 06:27 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: First off Dave, I was not "wailing" on anyone. :dunno:

OK, sorry, poor choice of words. Forget it.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2011, 11:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2011, 11:13 AM by Von Earlmann.)
This is going well so far :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
02-27-2011, 08:16 AM,
playing this with Huib, EA on and AF off.
A brilliant, fun game.
I am the Allies and, yes Dave, I got a surprise and am trying to handle it at the moment!
I would recommend the game to everybody, highly entertaining and the EA on doesn't slow the game at all, you just have to know how to play with EA on.
02-27-2011, 12:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2011, 12:22 PM by Von Earlmann.)
(02-10-2011, 06:27 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote:
(02-10-2011, 03:51 AM)Scud Wrote: Maybe instead of you two wailing on each other, you play it (mirrored) and let us know your results.

First off Dave, I was not "wailing" on anyone. :dunno:
I mentioned my experience from the play of the featured scenario.
In Huib's eyes, I guess I do not have that right if it differs? :chin:

I even thought I might have remembered the wrong scenario and went back to find when I played it and at the same time when the other "member" played it, along with who he played against. I do not see the need for the personal attack by that member on a completely unrelated and personal level, when I was simply stating my opinion of my experience.

Nor do I need to be verbally assaulted, have my opinion dismissed, or belittled by a "certain scenario designer" who feels he must attack me for my opinions, in forum posts.
I cannot help it if his ego is so large that he cannot take any criticism. :kill:
I played quite a few of his "designs" in Tournaments and against a varied number of members with varied styles of play and ability.

I've been told that my designs suck. :eek1: I do not feel the need to defend them. I am not writing future history on what I have made. And, I surely do not feel that I need to revise history to make me look better. :smoke:

If you believe I am wailing then send me an e-mail explaining where, when, and how. I do not want to be pushed into Huib's "box of wailing" with him and being painted with the same wailing brush, only to be censured later for "starting something" that I did not start.

Lastly, I have as much interest in playing Huib as I do playing his scenario designs. :whis: :pig:Whip

cheers

HSL

I find no fault in your discussion ED....absolutely you were not wailing on anyone......as the governor of Maine said....people need to lighten up and get a sense of humor...I have not played this and probably won't.......not because it's not good....just because I ain't got time...but you didn't do no wrong :-)

VE

OK so it's a double negative............point was still made.
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
03-01-2011, 06:18 AM,
wow! This idea is certainly dead in the water?
I thought the idea was to bring the forum alive, not kill it with the same old wranglings of the past?
03-01-2011, 09:07 PM,
(02-27-2011, 12:20 PM)Von Earlmann Wrote: I find no fault in your discussion ED....absolutely you were not wailing on anyone......as the governor of Maine said....people need to lighten up and get a sense of humor...I have not played this and probably won't.......not because it's not good....just because I ain't got time...but you didn't do no wrong :-)

VE

OK so it's a double negative............point was still made.

Hi Earl,

Thanks! :smoke:
I do try to keep my sense of humor.
I sometimes get testy when the board trolls appear to not discuss the topic but take shots at the poster (usually me ;)).

As he has nothing to say, I have put Herr Huib on my ignore list. I simply will not be tempted to respond to him any more.
The other "troll" will also go unanswered. :kill:Whip

cheers

HSL
03-02-2011, 04:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2011, 04:15 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
(03-01-2011, 06:18 AM)glint Wrote: wow! This idea is certainly dead in the water?
I thought the idea was to bring the forum alive, not kill it with the same old wranglings of the past?

I does not have to be that way.

Pete, please post your thoughts on a custom scenario that has seen little play that you have enjoyed playing.

I for one would like to see what you come up with.

Help this idea go forward. cheers

Thanx!

Hawk
03-02-2011, 04:14 AM,
I take exception at being referred to as a troll on this forum. A shame you didn't comment on my post about the scenario instead of just slighting me, much more constructive than what you did post?
As I said, -
''I thought the idea was to bring the forum alive, not kill it with the same old wranglings of the past?''
Oh well, carry on matey.
03-02-2011, 04:49 AM,
No more, guys. Talk about this scenario if you'd like, but keep the other comments to yourselves please.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-02-2011, 05:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2011, 05:03 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
(03-02-2011, 04:49 AM)Scud Wrote: No more, guys. Talk about this scenario if you'd like, but keep the other comments to yourselves please.

Dave

I could not agree more!

As Dave said talk about this scenario or better yet open a new thread and talk about another scenario.

Thanx!

Hawk