• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Last Man Standing Tourney - ROUND ONE
02-08-2011, 04:22 PM,
RE: Last Man Standing Tourney - ROUND ONE
Why are you shouting like that? I have nothing wrong with my hearing.

Ammo off changes value of certain units, like a tank with one APCR or HEAT ammo, a squad with one molotov or couple of flamer bursts. Limits the best price units to a fraction from normal, I wouldn't like to see that everyone has very similar OOB.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2011, 12:11 AM,
(02-08-2011, 04:22 PM)Vesku Wrote: Why are you shouting like that? I have nothing wrong with my hearing.

Ammo off changes value of certain units, like a tank with one APCR or HEAT ammo, a squad with one molotov or couple of flamer bursts. Limits the best price units to a fraction from normal, I wouldn't like to see that everyone has very similar OOB.

HELLO VESKU.. I HAVE CHILREN AT HOME AND SOMETIMES CAN'T HEAR MYSELF THINK :) SORRY TO HAVE SHOUTED AT YOU

Anyway.. good point about the ammo supply.. I forgot that ammo supply that a unit carries affects the cost. I could just see people buying 500 German RSO AT guns, and FT teams.. it would be a bugger to try and kill all that in one game.. :)

Cheers!
Greybeard
02-09-2011, 01:18 AM,
(02-08-2011, 03:10 AM)Greybeard Wrote: OR SINCE THIS IS A 'KILL EVERYTHING' BASH.. JUST RUN WITH THE 15k POINTS AND HAVE AT IT..

Can't do that either...advancement to the next round for losing players is based on surviving unit points values; closest to 10,000 wins. If a group plays from 15k it will throw that off, and I'll have to do math...neither of which is good.

How about a horde of charging ammo trucks through the woods - they get opfired on at 50 meters and BOOM! Probably a little more expensive that arty, but more accurate. Can you imagine twenty or thirty schleppers blindly charging through a forrest at you? Disconcerting to say the least.

GUNSLNGR

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push."

02-09-2011, 03:10 AM,
(02-09-2011, 01:18 AM)GUNSLNGR Wrote:
(02-08-2011, 03:10 AM)Greybeard Wrote: OR SINCE THIS IS A 'KILL EVERYTHING' BASH.. JUST RUN WITH THE 15k POINTS AND HAVE AT IT..

Can't do that either...advancement to the next round for losing players is based on surviving unit points values; closest to 10,000 wins. If a group plays from 15k it will throw that off, and I'll have to do math...neither of which is good.

How about a horde of charging ammo trucks through the woods - they get opfired on at 50 meters and BOOM! Probably a little more expensive that arty, but more accurate. Can you imagine twenty or thirty schleppers blindly charging through a forrest at you? Disconcerting to say the least.

Hello Gunslinger,
sent you a PM here at the blitz with perhaps something to consider for the next round..

Cheers!
Greybeard
02-09-2011, 10:07 AM,
I have asked my opponent to set up the game. I get no reply.
02-09-2011, 02:21 PM,
(02-09-2011, 10:07 AM)Panama Wrote: I have asked my opponent to set up the game. I get no reply.

Hey Panama,

dark_wing, like you, doesn't have a posted email. I have to go through the "send email" function here at the blitz - I'm wondering if he has gotten any of the tournament emails or information?

I'll post a flare thread for him and see if we get a response...

GUNSLNGR

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push."

02-09-2011, 11:46 PM,
If Dark wing is one of our Russian players, you should enlist Epoletov's help with contacting him.
He is usually very helpful like that.

Good luck :-)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
02-10-2011, 02:34 PM,
(02-09-2011, 02:21 PM)GUNSLNGR Wrote:
(02-09-2011, 10:07 AM)Panama Wrote: I have asked my opponent to set up the game. I get no reply.

Hey Panama,

dark_wing, like you, doesn't have a posted email. I have to go through the "send email" function here at the blitz - I'm wondering if he has gotten any of the tournament emails or information?

I'll post a flare thread for him and see if we get a response...

I contacted him to see if he wanted to be player one. He responded with 'You'. Which is why I'm setting it up. That's the one and only time I could get a contact. Cry
02-10-2011, 03:24 PM,
A man of few words,eh?

YOU!:)
02-13-2011, 02:22 PM,
Well gentlemen. It appears my opponent is AWOL. I could play against myself but I'm sure I would win since I'm not very good at this game. :whis: