• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Reinforcement Data Protection Values
02-05-2011, 04:14 AM,
RE: Reinforcement Data Protection Values
Try it and see. Honestly not 100% certain by reinforcements ARRIVE in a hex as oppose to movement which has a unit enter a hex from an adjacent hex, so I wouldn't not be surprised is it had not effect. A better option might me to mine the next hex beside the entry hex ...if indeed you could get an Eng there in time to lay the minefiled and exit. That is this seems like one of those hypothetical situations which would rarely occur
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2011, 04:20 AM,
The mines would remain - but it takes quite awhile to lay mines so I don't think they would impact reinforcements too badly as they would be few normally.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-05-2011, 12:00 PM,
Not all scenarios take advantage of the protected hexes area. I know the MG44 titles does for the Axis reinforcements as Rick illustrated because of the narrow field of play allowed the Allied player to easily stop units from coming on board.

Some scenarios, especially custom ones in my experience tend to forget to set up protected zones.

Do not be surprised if they are not there. Protection zones are a "designer option".

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp