• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC newbie looking for first PBEM game
01-18-2011, 03:24 PM,
PzC newbie looking for first PBEM game
I have Kharkov '43 and Tobruk '41. I'm looking for a small scenario for my first PzC PBEM game. Let me know if you're willing to help me learn this system through PBEM. I'll probably ask lots of questions as we go. Please recommend a scenario that would be good, or just start it up and send to me. I'm looking forward to learning this great system.

I'm on the ladder, in boot camp, so this game will get me out of boot camp. :o)
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2011, 11:02 AM,
RE: PzC newbie looking for first PBEM game
(01-18-2011, 03:24 PM)FroBodine Wrote: I have Kharkov '43 and Tobruk '41. I'm looking for a small scenario for my first PzC PBEM game. Let me know if you're willing to help me learn this system through PBEM. I'll probably ask lots of questions as we go. Please recommend a scenario that would be good, or just start it up and send to me. I'm looking forward to learning this great system.

fire away
01-19-2011, 11:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2011, 11:08 AM by FroBodine.)
(01-19-2011, 11:02 AM)fastphil Wrote:
(01-18-2011, 03:24 PM)FroBodine Wrote: I have Kharkov '43 and Tobruk '41. I'm looking for a small scenario for my first PzC PBEM game. Let me know if you're willing to help me learn this system through PBEM. I'll probably ask lots of questions as we go. Please recommend a scenario that would be good, or just start it up and send to me. I'm looking forward to learning this great system.

fire away

Thanks fastphil. What Kharkov '43 scenario would be good for my first game? I just don't want to pick a terribly unbalanced one.
01-19-2011, 05:56 PM,
Give #0202_06_Road to Ol'khovatka - Deutschland's Desperate Defence a try. Fun little scenario that shows off the Soviet mass vs German quality.

Also #0202_07_Cracking Izyum - Forcing the Oskol is even quicker with very small forces and good for practicing river crossings etc. Finally #0205_02 Korocha - Assault from the March is also a quick low density game. These last two are fairly static for the German though.

David
01-20-2011, 12:25 PM,
(01-19-2011, 05:56 PM)Strela Wrote: Give #0202_06_Road to Ol'khovatka - Deutschland's Desperate Defence a try. Fun little scenario that shows off the Soviet mass vs German quality.

Also #0202_07_Cracking Izyum - Forcing the Oskol is even quicker with very small forces and good for practicing river crossings etc. Finally #0205_02 Korocha - Assault from the March is also a quick low density game. These last two are fairly static for the German though.

David

Thanks Strela. I appreciate the information. Yesterday I chose #0213_02 Novaya Vodolaga - Clash of the Elite. Looked like a decent little battle. I will give your suggestions a try too!