• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Which squad battles vietnam game should i get?
01-15-2011, 08:12 AM,
Which squad battles vietnam game should i get?
I really want to game vietnam at the squad level and i've noticed a number of squad battles releases out there that deal with this war.

If i only get 1, which one should i get as far as the most popular for pbem?

Vietnam
Tour of Duty
Dien Bien Phu

I also wanna try Pacific War - anyone play this?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2011, 10:51 AM,
RE: Which squad battles vietnam game should i get?
I have ToD and DBP, and I think DBP is much superior for PBEM. THe scenarios are better balanced, and they are more of them. Both games are probably equally popular.

Pacific War is not one of my top titles, although it has some good scenarios, but you can install the Africa at War (really really fun!!) and World at War (good fun) mods when you have it. Definitely a good buy.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

01-15-2011, 04:27 PM,
Pacific War and Proud & the Few. Both excellent titles.

Currently playing P&F and really enjoying it.
01-15-2011, 11:21 PM,
I wouldn't worry so much as to which one is more popular. Go pick a title that interests you the most. Whichever title you pick, you won't have any problem finding PBEM opponents here on the Blitz.
01-16-2011, 04:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2011, 04:31 AM by Wolfgang.)
Awesome thx for all the input - btw its the weekend and i hope to get in some good batles today^^
Send this user an email
01-18-2011, 12:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2011, 12:45 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
(01-15-2011, 11:21 PM)Checkmate King 2 Wrote: I wouldn't worry so much as to which one is more popular. Go pick a title that interests you the most. Whichever title you pick, you won't have any problem finding PBEM opponents here on the Blitz.

What he said. Most folks around here have all the games anyway, so pick what interests you and go from there.

I will agree with Abram about DBP and it's playability in terms of PBEM. VN and TOD are great games, and there are a lot of post-release goodies available for these games, but many of the stock scenarios lack balance. DBP was designed and tested with PBEMing in mind, which makes for a much better balance.

DBP was probably the most fun for me to play as a playtester. Mike did a fantastic job of taking scenarios that could have just been boring slogs in the mud and trench warfare into scenarios that actually make you feel like you're there. It's really uncanny and a testament to his design.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4