• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Windows 7 issues and mods etc
01-11-2011, 04:02 AM,
Windows 7 issues and mods etc
Hi

Is there any problem re installing the games in windows 7 ? Does it need to go anywhere apart from the default?

I am having a lot of trouble alo installing map mod and the VM alt stuff as well and wonderfed if that was alos an issue for their stuff?

I am only on game one, which is Minsk !!

any help appreciated.

Cav
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2011, 04:32 AM,
RE: Windows 7 issues and mods etc
I change the drive to D as I have 2 drives but otherwise make sure they go in a directory that is just HPS for example as windows gets a bit iffy if it thinks you are playing with "its" files. I find it best to download Vol Man Mods and save them then open them. HPS updates are ok so long as you browse to the right place of course.

Mike
01-11-2011, 06:13 AM,
I install the folder in my C: drive but not in program folders
Just make folder in the C: calll hps and then install he games into that.
01-11-2011, 10:34 AM,
(01-11-2011, 06:13 AM)Bidermann Wrote: I install the folder in my C: drive but not in program folders
Just make folder in the C: calll hps and then install he games into that.

I think someone else said the same thing - I think I will delete and reinstall , thanks...
01-12-2011, 02:43 PM,
Do not install such things in "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)". Oh, the humanity, Just don't do it!

Some apps are OK to install there, but they don't try to save files in their install folder. They save stuff into AppData in your user directory, for example. HPS games save stuff into the install folder, which is BAD PRACTICE, any way you look at it.
01-12-2011, 04:11 PM,
The OS wouldn't be an issue with any graphics mods, as all that they really dp is replace bitmap files in the game folders. I think that if you follow the guys' instructions in here, you'll be right.
Bydand
Send this user an email
01-13-2011, 02:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2011, 02:04 AM by raizer.)
speaking of this I put all my tiller games on my new windows 7 laptop without a hitch EXCEPT for the first game I tried to install, Kharkov 42. Yes I did it first and put it in the progame files x86 directory. It was all F'd up. So I did the others just on the c drive fine, no problem, got the mods, vms art pack good to go.

But K42 will not install. For some reason my 'puter thinks its still installed somewhere. I have tried to uninstall it numerous times. Now all it does is say repairing. Ive deleted it from the program files, and cant find a trace of it on my HD. But when I put the disk in to re install it, the disk goes thru the set up wiz and just stops. SOmewhere, prolly my registry, that K42 is lurking-anyone have any ideas on killing this vampire so I can get K42 to install on my new laptop?
01-13-2011, 01:43 PM,
(01-13-2011, 02:03 AM)raizer Wrote: speaking of this I put all my tiller games on my new windows 7 laptop without a hitch EXCEPT for the first game I tried to install, Kharkov 42. Yes I did it first and put it in the progame files x86 directory. It was all F'd up. So I did the others just on the c drive fine, no problem, got the mods, vms art pack good to go.

But K42 will not install. For some reason my 'puter thinks its still installed somewhere. I have tried to uninstall it numerous times. Now all it does is say repairing. Ive deleted it from the program files, and cant find a trace of it on my HD. But when I put the disk in to re install it, the disk goes thru the set up wiz and just stops. SOmewhere, prolly my registry, that K42 is lurking-anyone have any ideas on killing this vampire so I can get K42 to install on my new laptop?

I use CCleaner. Haven't had any registry problems - which from your desription, sounds like what you have.