• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Planning Maps for Dien Bien Phu now available
01-14-2011, 08:42 PM,
RE: Planning Maps for Dien Bien Phu now available
(01-13-2011, 06:02 AM)trauth116 Wrote: ...I don't know what the development teams are considering, but from a technical standpoint all it would take is a couple of engine changes and larger scenarios would seem to be possible. ...

Larger as in days? Or unit count?

If in days, I would be all for that, except it's not that trivial, from the top of my had, several major changes were needed:

- variable weather and ground
- variable visibility
- variable supply and isolation rules
- tracking of ammo (for HE / AP...)
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2011, 01:20 PM,
Thanks for posting those maps Steve.

Also, the is a 'big' scenario in DBP - More Ban for Your Buck, covering one of Bruno's fixed piece assaults.
01-18-2011, 03:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2011, 03:57 PM by -72-.)
(01-14-2011, 08:42 PM)jmlima Wrote:
(01-13-2011, 06:02 AM)trauth116 Wrote: ...I don't know what the development teams are considering, but from a technical standpoint all it would take is a couple of engine changes and larger scenarios would seem to be possible. ...

Larger as in days? Or unit count?

If in days, I would be all for that, except it's not that trivial, from the top of my had, several major changes were needed:

- variable weather and ground
- variable visibility
- variable supply and isolation rules
- tracking of ammo (for HE / AP...)

JL: yes, you have a great set of points... you'd need at least all of those, and yes, each one of them gets exponentially more complex, from a programming perspective (rather, that is how I have read it to be in other projects), so I do get your point. :) I didn't think things out.
Bydand
Send this user an email