• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New H2H Scenario for Modern War: Trapped in the Valley
01-14-2011, 11:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2011, 11:33 AM by jomni.)
RE: New H2H Scenario for Modern War: Trapped in the Valley
Yeah my little project is just a matter of converting the scenarios. The Lock n Load map is also generic. No modding of maps necessary. And also no modding of insurgent graphics. This is in order to make it fully compatible with Modern War.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2011, 09:12 PM,
After playing a test party with Landser34 I found out that "Trapped in the Valley" has a bad balance.
Here is a short AAR:
In the beginning the US-troops were slaughtered in 4 to 5 turns without any men alive.
After turn 6 the US support arrived and 4 M1 and 6 Apaches start to crush the Taliban forces.
After turn 12 a draw was the result.

To bring more balance to the game I made the following changes:
- I added a third platoon to the US units so the ratio is reduced from 3:1 to 2:1.
- I added some artillery support to the existing US artillery
- I cancelled the M1 tanks and reduced the Apaches. Now there will arrive 2 Apache and 2 AH-6 Little Birds. This should be enough.
- I cancelled all offboard artillery support for the Taliban
- The Taliban Anti-TankTeams were equipped with 2x 57 mm RR and 2x 75 mm RR. Now they only have 4x 57 mm RR.
- The Talibans have no more the ZPU guns for ground targets.
- In additon to the FLAK-guns the Taliban have 2 Stinger-Rockets.
- I reduced the captured US weapons the Talibans have in use to only a few M16, also the flamethowers and handgrenades are gone. The Talibans should still be strong enough to crash the US defenses but not in 3 turns.
- The AI is deleted so the game is only playable PBEM in this version.
01-26-2011, 09:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2011, 09:40 AM by Wolfgang.)
(01-16-2011, 09:12 PM)Kalorn Wrote: After playing a test party with Landser34 I found out that "Trapped in the Valley" has a bad balance.
Here is a short AAR:
In the beginning the US-troops were slaughtered in 4 to 5 turns without any men alive.
After turn 6 the US support arrived and 4 M1 and 6 Apaches start to crush the Taliban forces.
After turn 12 a draw was the result.

To bring more balance to the game I made the following changes:
- I added a third platoon to the US units so the ratio is reduced from 3:1 to 2:1.
- I added some artillery support to the existing US artillery
- I cancelled the M1 tanks and reduced the Apaches. Now there will arrive 2 Apache and 2 AH-6 Little Birds. This should be enough.
- I cancelled all offboard artillery support for the Taliban
- The Taliban Anti-TankTeams were equipped with 2x 57 mm RR and 2x 75 mm RR. Now they only have 4x 57 mm RR.
- The Talibans have no more the ZPU guns for ground targets.
- In additon to the FLAK-guns the Taliban have 2 Stinger-Rockets.
- I reduced the captured US weapons the Talibans have in use to only a few M16, also the flamethowers and handgrenades are gone. The Talibans should still be strong enough to crash the US defenses but not in 3 turns.
- The AI is deleted so the game is only playable PBEM in this version.

Hey ill give this one a go again.
Send this user an email
01-27-2011, 03:07 AM,
I had an idea for a linked campaign pbem scenario... i haven't played a linked campagin via pbem yet... Are there any issues with that format versus single scenarios? Figured I'd ask before i spend much time on it.
Send this user an email
02-03-2011, 07:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2011, 08:47 PM by Wolfgang.)
Hey there, i dont wanna hijack this thread so where should i post to start some discussions on topics regarding modding squad battles and making scenarios for it?
Send this user an email
02-04-2011, 12:22 AM,
Just make a general post on the board.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
02-05-2011, 03:53 AM,
If the Taliban needs further toning down, you can also lessen the at start effectiveness of weapons....

I am happy to answer scenario design questions if you send me an email or post in a thread. I wrote a scenario design tutorial for the release of DBP. I believe that it was also posted on the SDC....