• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Armor strength disparity on Hummel vs. Rhino?
12-26-2010, 10:53 PM,
RE: Armor strength disparity on Hummel vs. Rhino?
(12-25-2010, 02:21 AM)Jim von Krieg Wrote: There are always room for more opinions... There is usually more than one way to skin a cat (so to speak)...

Yes, Jim, there is always room for opinions.
Except for when opinion goes against facts?

Your comment of; "These vehicles were virtually identical except for the gun system installed. I would say they should have the same defense rating." ... that answered the original question and was what I referenced.
Of course, how they are used within the game are always subject for discussion and opinion. :smoke:

Earl, I'll start walking now. I'll be 77 by then and have time to develop more thoughts on half tracks and extreme assault. We can hot seat a game over a bottle of scotch that will be well aged as I carry it to your house. Big Grin

cheers

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2010, 04:25 AM,
Hot damn...

A good half-track debate brewing down the road... way down the road... LOL...

I hear you Ed... It's all good... and not much to debate on that one...

Regards,

Jim
12-27-2010, 07:45 AM,
(12-26-2010, 10:53 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote:
(12-25-2010, 02:21 AM)Jim von Krieg Wrote: There are always room for more opinions... There is usually more than one way to skin a cat (so to speak)...

Yes, Jim, there is always room for opinions.
Except for when opinion goes against facts?

Your comment of; "These vehicles were virtually identical except for the gun system installed. I would say they should have the same defense rating." ... that answered the original question and was what I referenced.
Of course, how they are used within the game are always subject for discussion and opinion. :smoke:

Earl, I'll start walking now. I'll be 77 by then and have time to develop more thoughts on half tracks and extreme assault. We can hot seat a game over a bottle of scotch that will be well aged as I carry it to your house. Big Grin

cheers

HSL

Ed,
Might be better to wait a day or two before starting your walk..........small snow storm hitting here(10-14 inches predicted)........and yes you will always be welcomed here...esp if you bring scotch :-)

Earl
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
12-27-2010, 08:03 PM,
Earl,

I have eight inches of "light dusting" in my driveway. :smoke:

It looks like it will be uphill, both ways, ... and I don't have shoes! After the scotch who would care? :rolleyes:Whip

cheers

HSL
12-31-2010, 07:09 PM,
For what it's worth...
The Nashorn was lower in height than the Hummel by .16 meters (a small amount, but when vehicle profile is taken into account it might justify a lower rating for the Nashorn, depending on what calculations are being made). However, this measurement was with the Hummel's gun in travel position (down, but not necessarily locked). With it in firing position the Hummel would present a significantly larger target than the Nashorn. If anything, I think the armor factor of these two should favor the Nashorn, or be pretty much identical.

Just for the record, I've always disliked systems that combine hit calculations and damage calculations into one single factor. I've always preferred to determine how likely a target was to be hit and then, once you know you've got a hit, work out penetration and damage separately. Alas, there are only a few systems around that function like that. I'd give a lot of money for a computerized version of the old Striker rules.

Later,

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.