• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Patch em all up please ...
12-16-2010, 02:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-17-2010, 02:06 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
RE: Patch em all up please ...
(12-16-2010, 11:41 AM)Bioman Wrote: While every EXE update must be tested it just seems to me if all you do is add the No CD check update then the testing should be very easy.

Sure - but you don't have to just test the CD check. You have to run the game though normal play to see that nothing has creep in to cause trouble. You woul dbe surprised how something little in one place can affect a program compile in another area.

Quote:I am confused. HPS has stated that they will continue to produce games with a CD. John Tiller has stated that he will not produce new games with a CD. So how do you get from that fact to "HPS decided to not produce new games on CD". I am sure that I am missing something simple.

Sorry if I confused you - The way heard it was existing games will be on CD because HPS has them in stock. New Titles will be digital downloads .

Quote:I will say that John Tiller and everyone involved has done a fantastic job of keeping up the upgrades over the years at no added cost to us the user.

Thanks and when a game is patched \ updated, there will be NO CD check on the title.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2010, 04:00 AM,
(12-16-2010, 07:28 AM)Bioman Wrote: It seems to be an easy fix to make

Yes, it seems that way, doesn't it?
12-19-2010, 04:35 AM,
(12-19-2010, 04:00 AM)Jazman Wrote:
(12-16-2010, 07:28 AM)Bioman Wrote: It seems to be an easy fix to make

Yes, it seems that way, doesn't it?

Well - I am glad it seems that way - we've been working on the Normandy Patch - me and three guys since Wednesday and I guess got yet another compile because I found something else wrong.

So what seems esay is a lot more work than you might think.

And when it is done there will still be things different in this game exe that are NOT in Budapest and Sealion .... so ... going back to the orginal post in the thread, ever requesting all games be at exactly the same level is like requesting "Friendly Minefields" :)

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-19-2010, 10:42 AM,
Glenn,

I understand the issues, and know you are doing the best you can, as JT is a very busy man.

Dabbling in Smolensk '41 now helps abate my seasonal Bulge '44 urge.

Warren
12-19-2010, 11:15 AM,
Well I was doing Normandy for you on request - and it seems we may even have another issue.
Send this user an email
12-19-2010, 02:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2010, 02:26 PM by FM WarB.)
(12-19-2010, 11:15 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: Well I was doing Normandy for you on request - and it seems we may even have another issue.

Another miscommunication. I was talking about Bulge, which has always been near and dear to my heart, since I collaborated with Ege on Dark Winter

And, 'tis the season, as they say...
(12-19-2010, 02:20 PM)FM WarB Wrote:
(12-19-2010, 11:15 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: Well I was doing Normandy for you on request - and it seems we may even have another issue.

Another miscommunication. I was talking about Bulge, which has always been near and dear to my heart, since I collaborated with Ege on Dark Winter

And, 'tis the season, as they say...

And what might the other issue be?
12-20-2010, 08:37 AM,
(12-19-2010, 02:20 PM)FM WarB Wrote: And what might the other issue be?

it was ... well it never got released ... so it doesn't matter. Bit it has been fixed now and that broke something else, and John has that corrected so we're on our 4th ver of this program.

...just goes to show - what you think is simple, takes time and resources, must be tested and even something simple that you take for granted can break when a new exe is compiled.

Glenn
Send this user an email