• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modern Campaigns movement sounds patch available
12-10-2010, 04:24 PM,
Modern Campaigns movement sounds patch available
Like for the Panzer Campaigns, the development team behind Tiller's Modern Campaigns series published by HPS has released a patch that provides for movement sounds.

You can get this at: http://hist-sdc.com/hps/MC_Movement.zip

File Size: Approx 24.2 MB
From the Modern Campaigns' development team. Special thanks to Ed "Volcano Man" Williams.

Below is from the Read Me file included in the zip file.

Installation instructions:
--------------------------

Extract these files to the ...\Media folder of where your Modern Campaigns game is located on your hard drive (for example: ...\Korea '85\Media).

ENJOY!

////////////////////////

NOTES:

- You must update your Modern Campaigns titles to the most recent versions (from at least 2008) in order to hear these sounds.

- There will be an option in future versions to disable the movement sounds in the game's menu. If you do not want these sounds then do not use them. If you get tired of hearing these sounds in the game, between now and when the option to disable the movement sounds is added, then you should either turn off the sound effects in the game, or go into the game's ...\Media folder and delete all .wav files with the word "Movement" in the filename (64 files).
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2010, 12:06 AM,
RE: Modern Campaigns movement sounds patch available
Do you know if adding these will effect a game in progress?
12-11-2010, 05:39 AM,
(12-11-2010, 12:06 AM)Nitram Draw Wrote: Do you know if adding these will effect a game in progress?

No they don't, i've tried it in danube front and i can continue playing normally...
12-11-2010, 05:43 AM,
Thanks. I'm about 60 turns into a game of Danube but I like the sounds in France '14.
12-11-2010, 07:38 AM,
if they are present they will play - if not - no problem
Send this user an email
12-11-2010, 08:57 AM,
(12-10-2010, 04:24 PM)trauth116 Wrote: Like for the Panzer Campaigns, the development team behind Tiller's Modern Campaigns series published by HPS has released a patch that provides for movement sounds.

You can get this at: http://hist-sdc.com/hps/MC_Movement.zip

Thanks for the heads up! Normally I am forced to play my turns with the sound off, since the Mrs. complains too much however, I'm going to load these babies up to see what they sound like!