• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The real problem with DD
12-07-2010, 03:05 AM,
The real problem with DD
Mrs B was in the room at the time when I got all excited at a new release and started playing after 15 mins. She now knows that I can order games over tinternet and she does not have to keep tabs on the post. I am going to be in deep do do soon. I jest I am already in deep do do.
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2010, 05:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2010, 05:23 AM by Taffy6.)
RE: The real problem with DD
(12-07-2010, 03:05 AM)Mike Bowen Wrote: Mrs B was in the room at the time when I got all excited at a new release and started playing after 15 mins. She now knows that I can order games over tinternet and she does not have to keep tabs on the post. I am going to be in deep do do soon. I jest I am already in deep do do.

Me too, brother, me too. I got busted downloading EUIII last week by the lovely and talented Mrs. Taffy, who had no idea such a thing was even possible. Worse, I have pre-ordered Steel Wolves, the massive solitare UBoat Campaign boardgame from Compass Games. No way that big box will escape her notice. When it gets here via post, I'm doomed...

Oh well, off to order Kharkov43. May as well enjoy my waning days!
12-07-2010, 06:57 AM,
Big Grin :) Big Grin

After all the negative stuff written over the weekend this was a real breath of fresh air, at last a positive feature of DD, it has an "anti wife watching the mail" feature so you can sneak new titles in behind her back! :smoke:

Thanks Mike and Taffy you really cheered me up. :bow: Toast
12-07-2010, 10:17 AM,
My problem is just the opposite. I used to squirrel cash away and send a money order and have the games delivered to work. That way the wife wouldn't look at the credit card bill and give me that if looks could kill they'd be dragging me out feet first because I bought another game. So much for that idea. Big Grin
12-07-2010, 09:45 PM,
Taffy

Mrs B has heard me rant about APL board games being paid for but delayed for years this is perfect as I just say any game she collects from the post office (she struggled through the snow to get a recent arrival) is an APL game I paid for 5 years ago.

As she spends more on lunching with her friends than I do on games I think she never checks the card bill.

Mike
12-07-2010, 10:06 PM,
Violin

[Image: Picture1-15.png]

Big Grin