• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Delayed Disruption
12-07-2010, 10:33 AM,
RE: Delayed Disruption
Here is the skinny on this delayed disruption idea guys - not sure exactly who came up with it - not me - I think it was a bunch of guys and perhaps my buddy Blackie opened it up with something like " you know what the big problem is - we now have a long following bunch of guys who have tens years with this game engine and are experts at applying Exactly the amount of force, observing the result and then at the right time, when the defender is disrupted - Launch the assult.

We all know and accept that the game simualtes the world with many shades of grey into Black and White. And in this case we have advertised to the Attacker EXACTLY the right time to attack rather than have them judge - "that should be enough - now attack"

Alternatively - this rule would cause the attacker to not assault - see his results over the next turn when the defender could a) possibly recover from disruption or b) respond with reserves, which is historically often the case.

The rule clearly benefits the defender but I think the attacker will have to be more crafty with this rule. If nothing else it can be used to chnage up the game and help level the playing field.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2010, 11:07 AM,
I am going to claim at least some credit for delayed disruption and bunker building :)

Form this thread https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...228&page=2

(01-09-2010, 09:04 PM)Strela Wrote: 1) Bunker building (already mentioned) by engineers (only)

2) More settings in the PDT file. For example, company vs battalion fatigue etc. This is key for some of the later war Germans vs the hordes. Currently it is very difficult for a German company to go toe to toe with a battalion.

3) Hidden combat results (extreme FOW) - In many cases the player knows too much from ranged fire - currently you can fire your artillery until a unit disrupts then move to the next target unit etc, etc. Imagine having to fire your art / air with no idea whether it has been effective. The actual status of an enemy unit would only be obvious if it was assaulted / reconned (or possibly if a land unit moves/is adjacent).

I must have some influence!!!
12-07-2010, 01:50 PM,
WOW - that is Old - I took Bunker Building from this forum - it kept coming up over and over again and even though I don't recall who said it first.

I am not going to give you #2 :) I fought hard for the first part - Quality Fatigue Modifier for Minsk - even though I think people thought I was pro German - I jyust didn't see them survioving with out it. And frankly I wasn't happy with what I got and now have added the other part - teh fire bonus because in a test scn for the next games we have going we just needed it too.

On teh third one - well - ok - I can't say as I saw this. And I wasnt the one to bring it to John and say "hey we need this" - but I've had many FOW ideas shot down over time because of fear that people don't like the loss of control. I for one would like movement allows to vary by unit with a quality modifier because units just didn't always go that EXACTLY "this far" and still have time to setup just before Dinner"

But suffice to say - a lot of ideas come out of player inp[ut and if you guys know you have infulence here on making the game better.

John Tiller came up with teh way to fix the AT Gun egress - the idea I gave him was too cumbersome but what sold him was the idea that it was an issue that needed looking at.

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-07-2010, 04:37 PM,
(12-07-2010, 09:50 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(12-07-2010, 07:28 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Once you see that units in the hex disrupt, you can save any other fire and hit the hex with the assault units. It is like the defenders notify the attackers it is ok to come clear then out. Weird when you think about it.

Ya, we is dizzy come on in!

I am looking forward to trying the new OR, but as for the way that it has worked so far I have always assumed that the local unit was reporting a serious reduction of return fire from the defenders, signified as their "disruption."

Yes, That is one way to see it. Delayed disruption does not guarantee you will not see the defender disrupt either. Sometimes you will see the disruption as in standard game play, sometimes it will be hidden.

Sometimes your local unit will report a serious reduction in defender fire because they are disrupted, sometimes it my guys defending and they are slacking off the defensive fire to sucker your boys out into the open where we can really hurt them and settle the issue.

The Delayed Disruption OR simulates both situations and more.

Dog Soldier

Glenn correct me if I am wrong. I may have seen several test versions and got it the final result wrong.
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
12-08-2010, 06:46 PM,
Or you could be a full stack of russian battalions and not care if the few companies of germans are disrupted or not ;)