• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New PzC Game
12-04-2010, 10:06 PM,
New PzC Game
Not withstanding some peoples dislike of digital downloads and digital rights management, I think we are missing something big here. That is we have the first new PzC game in 3 years since, Budapest was released.

(No, I haven't forgotten about Sealion but I don't count a "what if" as a proper PzC game)

Personally I was wondering if the whole line had come to a halt as I watched squad battle after squad battle come out and a whole inventory of ACW and Ancient games all in the place of a PzC game.

I also think one the great strengths of the PzC lines is also its greatest Achilles Heal. That is that all upgrades are retro fitted to all previous games. This means that the the inertia required to make a change to the engine, no matter how justified or worthy, is unlikely to happen unless there is a real need for it. At this stage the only impetus likely to rate a change to the engine would be to support play balance or representative operations in a new game.

Looking at the notes for the new game we see bunker building, modified interdiction attacks and enhanced FOW on combat results. None of this would have occurred if a new game had not required it.

So I say lets be congratulate the guys for bringing out a new title and be thankful that our favourite past time is still alive and kicking.
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2010, 11:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2010, 11:35 PM by Ricky B.)
RE: New PzC Game
(12-04-2010, 10:06 PM)FLG Wrote: Looking at the notes for the new game we see bunker building, modified interdiction attacks and enhanced FOW on combat results. None of this would have occurred if a new game had not required it.
And other changes, I thought people would be all over, wanted to mention yesterday but didn't have time with family things. There is a new AT rule allowing travel mode without drawing fire, as long as the unit has fired itself yet. So they can be in the front lines and as long as the unit can move away, it can enter travel mode and try to escape. This may have been mentioned before, I don't remember now - it is a result of TillerCon III - but I think this is the first game out with it implemented.

A modifier to make artillery more deadly at one hex range against tanks. Hidden disruption. A greater chance of disruption and a loss of movement points to air interdiction so interdiction itself can be toned down while keeping the impact on units moving to the front or exploiting holes. - I really like this one, although for the older games, especially Normandy, when updated, it would take a revised pdt to lower the overall interdiction.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-05-2010, 01:17 AM,
(12-04-2010, 11:28 PM)Ricky B Wrote:
(12-04-2010, 10:06 PM)FLG Wrote: Looking at the notes for the new game we see bunker building, modified interdiction attacks and enhanced FOW on combat results. None of this would have occurred if a new game had not required it.
And other changes, I thought people would be all over, wanted to mention yesterday but didn't have time with family things. There is a new AT rule allowing travel mode without drawing fire, as long as the unit has fired itself yet. So they can be in the front lines and as long as the unit can move away, it can enter travel mode and try to escape. This may have been mentioned before, I don't remember now - it is a result of TillerCon III - but I think this is the first game out with it implemented.

A modifier to make artillery more deadly at one hex range against tanks. Hidden disruption. A greater chance of disruption and a loss of movement points to air interdiction so interdiction itself can be toned down while keeping the impact on units moving to the front or exploiting holes. - I really like this one, although for the older games, especially Normandy, when updated, it would take a revised pdt to lower the overall interdiction.

Rick

Rick

there are some great new rules here that people have been asking for for a long time. The AT set-up and bunker building being two of the more requested. As you point out, thought maybe required to avoid potentially unbalancing previous campaigns but these rules should work very well with most games
12-05-2010, 01:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2010, 01:49 AM by Assault.)
(12-04-2010, 10:06 PM)FLG Wrote: Personally I was wondering if the whole line had come to a halt as I watched squad battle after squad battle come out and a whole inventory of ACW and Ancient games all in the place of a PzC game.

Which is itself scary...a new title comes out yet others go years without patches...which shows that at any point Tiller can drop Panzer Campaigns due to some lucrative military contract, kill the DRM server and those stuck with some DRM activation scheme can never play the game again.

What guarantee is there that we will be able to reinstall at a future time should Tiller call it quits, or worse?
12-05-2010, 01:59 AM,
(12-05-2010, 01:26 AM)Assault Wrote:
(12-04-2010, 10:06 PM)FLG Wrote: Personally I was wondering if the whole line had come to a halt as I watched squad battle after squad battle come out and a whole inventory of ACW and Ancient games all in the place of a PzC game.

Which is itself scary...a new title comes out yet others go years without patches...which shows that at any point Tiller can drop Panzer Campaigns due to some lucrative military contract, kill the DRM server and those stuck with some DRM activation scheme can never play the game again.

What guarantee is there that we will be able to reinstall at a future time should Tiller call it quits, or worse?

Assault,

this is meant to be a positive thread on the merits of the new Kharkov game. Please don't hi-jack it. I have created a new thread for you, to discuss the point you raised.
12-05-2010, 09:20 AM,
Actually, it is because of all these changes I think the updates to the other games are delayed. He might as well do all the updating he can on this and any new titles that may be coming out first...

Then go back and apply them, once we have seen the effects.
12-06-2010, 08:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2010, 10:15 AM by BluntF.)
(12-05-2010, 01:26 AM)Assault Wrote: Which is itself scary...a new title comes out yet others go years without patches...which shows that at any point Tiller can drop Panzer Campaigns due to some lucrative military contract, kill the DRM server and those stuck with some DRM activation scheme can never play the game again.

Can you guys who dislike DRM stick to posts over on Wargamer.com and Matrix boards and stop spamming our positive threads? Please just let it go

Thanks
Send this user an email
12-06-2010, 07:25 PM,
PzC here, PzC there... Nobody remembers MC games???!!! how much until the next MC is released!!!¿?