• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thanks to Glenn, JT and the whole HPS/JTS crew!
12-05-2010, 08:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2010, 09:00 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
Thumbs_Up  Thanks to Glenn, JT and the whole HPS/JTS crew!
Gent's,
When we have periods on the forum when nothing but negative comments about the HPS/JTS crew seem to hold sway, i like to post a positive thread about how much i personally appreciate the efforts of these guys who's excellent games give me so many hours of pleasure.

Some of the positives.....
1) Bug free games,
2) A commitment to update all older games to the same level by introducing features from newer titles at no extra cost,
3) Titles covering "what if" modern campaigns, all the major campaigns of WW2 and now beginning to cover WW1 as well !
4) Access to designers who will listen to feedback and make changes where they feel there is an issue.
5) Reacting to customer feedback as was shown today with the change to the DD "one PC" restriction.

One of my personal bug bears with PzC was the fact you just could not use AT guns in an historical way due to excessive losses when they change to T mode to retreat, this issue has now been resolved for Kh 43 and will be rolled out for all other games in the future so i am a very happy bunny.

So well done guys and keep them coming.......:bow: Toast
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2010, 09:09 AM,
RE: Thanks to Glenn, JT and the whole HPS/JTS crew!
Speaking of bug bears... : what I'd really like would be an Ambush special rule would be great (a direct fire multiplier when non spotted enemy units fire against one moving unit, or something like this).

I just trying to push our luck.Big Grin

PD: more PzC/MC games please!

Bests
César
12-05-2010, 09:12 AM,
I think I'm going to like the AT gun changes. I'm not so sure they model well as individual units at this level of game, but this combined with the ATG retreat rule mean they have better survivability and therefore more useful for defense. From a gamer perspective I do like moving the guns around regardless of my previous sentence...
12-05-2010, 10:28 AM,
Being a long time monster gamer before computer games were more than a floppy disk or even god forbid, a cassette tape ).
I remember staring in to a black tv screen while dot after dot might represent a computer executing an attack on an enemy aircraft carrier.

I appreciate the level of involvement and scale and dedication of what is represented in the creation of a humble 300 some odd mb file.

Tiller's games were the first ones to really translate from the boardgames that I was playing at the time.

The site I am running was Rich Hamilton's site. It still basically is, plus whatever I can add to it. I knew Glenn before I knew Rich... Rich got me in to play testing, first in an add-on, then on to actual products. Ironically neither was an area I was particularly familiar with. I don't know John Tiller, except through his work, and through his team, never met him, might recognize him from the images posted on the internet, but that is about it. Actually I don't personally, know anyone on his team- we've never met in person. Even so, I don't think wargaming would be the same for me, without what they've done, been doing, are doing now.

There was a comment made on another board, and while I am not going back over there for awhile, I want to address it.

It was stated that the site I am playing with might not be viewed as impartial.

The fact is, I never claimed that it should -it reflects my wargaming interests,
-but I suppose the more accurate response from me should be: "Ok."
Bydand
Send this user an email