• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Petition: John Tiller - Remove DRM Kharkov 43
01-29-2011, 10:53 PM,
RE: Petition: John Tiller - Remove DRM Kharkov 43
Ironwulf you have very good points. I have been buying digital downloads from Matrix since the first Across the Dnepr game and that game still runs fine after all these years and five different computers.
I have 48 HPS titles on cd and only one Matrix title cd out of 19.
I like the cd's also and more power to people who do but for convenience and storage I prefer digital downlods.
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2011, 02:38 AM,
I see no reason why the game can't be backed up on a CD and all then you would need is a de-activation from the JT support. You could then re-install it in the event of a computer crash back on your computer when it's fixed.
I assume anyone would be able to do this without a problem

Gordon:)
01-30-2011, 03:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2011, 03:20 AM by Antoni Chmielowski .)
I have bought the following games from Matrix games

Campaign Series
War in The Pacific and
The Operational Art of War 3

all as digitial downloads.

Last year my hard drive died and as I am an idiot I hadnt printed off the sales receipts and so when I needed to download them again I needed my bank card number (which I didnt have), so I went to my bank, got the number and downloaded the source files again and this time burned them to a DVD AND created word files with all the relevant info in case this happens again.

If I can do it whats the problem ?
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
01-30-2011, 05:01 AM,
My experience with limited licenses on games is pretty bad. I can't judge Tiller on it yet but Storm Eagle Studios have something similar on Distant Guns and Jutland. Bottom line is that I can't play Distant Guns anymore after a harddisk swap after a crash. Their helpdesk is not really helping. Being dependent on the game developers to get the game running again after a crash or a new PC is reason for me to NEVER EVER buy a game with DRM again.

I prefer how Matrix does it with digital downloads or have a cd. I know a cd has drawbacks but at least you can play the game you payed for.
01-30-2011, 06:05 AM,
I thought this subject had run its course, but there is still life in it it would seem......:rolleyes:

Customer service has always been excellent with HPS and i have no reason to think JTS will be any different, i could not be less worried about the change to DD. ;)

If you don't like DD don't buy the games, simple.......
01-30-2011, 07:13 AM,
Still, though, if HPS/JTS even remotely followed the "business practices" of Storm Eagle Studios (aka Jim Rose), I can guarantee you that I'd either stayed with board games, gone to miniatures, or jumped on the Matrix bandwagon too.

However it is fair to state, that HPS/JTS and the support services offered by both, are about 180 degrees apart from anything I have ever experienced that involved Jim Rose (:cough: Talonsoft).
Bydand
Send this user an email