• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ready to answer your Kharkov '43 Questions...
01-08-2011, 06:05 AM,
RE: Ready to answer your Kharkov '43 Questions...
It is in the FAQ somewhere on the protection. You can sell it, you must uninstall and then you would need to burn the install program to CD, which they strongly suggest saving as it is the only way to reinstall the game for yourself too, and send the cd, or a usb drive with the install on it, to the new owner.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2011, 06:11 AM,
(01-08-2011, 06:05 AM)Ricky B Wrote: It is in the FAQ somewhere on the protection. You can sell it, you must uninstall and then you would need to burn the install program to CD, which they strongly suggest saving as it is the only way to reinstall the game for yourself too, and send the cd, or a usb drive with the install on it, to the new owner.

Rick

Thats great thanks
Big Grin
01-08-2011, 08:28 AM,
Well im dwnloading this ----need a fix and WITE is just, Im not sure what it is...

and please dont patch f40 for a few more months LOL
01-08-2011, 12:35 PM,
Enjoy Raizer - let us know your impressions... :)
01-08-2011, 10:25 PM,
its nice-download is smooth and it installed without a hitch into my new Win 7 computer
got vms art pack and waiting for mapmods

The notes are real nice-like a glantz cliff note with nice photos and good tie ins with the scenarios
01-09-2011, 12:49 AM,
Yeah - those notes were a labour of love!

But it was important to include them as a LOT happened during the period of the campaign and it was important for players to understand both the chronology but also why the different commanders were making the decisions they did.

The scenarios are also a nice mix. I am currently playing a multi player 'Stemming the Flow' campaign. The Germans are very strong - but under a real time bind which makes it really interesting playing the Russian side. You try and delay the German's at every opportunity, but better still fatigue their infantry and Panzer Grenadiers as they have so few of them. They need their infantry as they may pocket the Soviets with their mech forces but they still need the infantry to clean them out.

All the scenarios have these little nuances to them....
01-09-2011, 01:06 AM,
u guys recommend the quality fatigue modifier?
01-23-2011, 03:47 AM,
Sov AT and Arty...
Quick question
Sov Infantry Div AT Assets
Sov Orbats I've seen and used for many moons list 4x 45mm ATG per Inf Btn or 12 per Regt that equates to 36 per Div
In addition there is a Divisional AT Regt of 24 76mm ATG (2 Btns of 12)

The total AT assets per Sov Rifle Div in Kharkov 43 is 12 x 45mm !
Was this a deliberate decision for some reason or did the Orbats you used suggest something different ?

Same goes for Sov Inf Div Arty
You list a mixed Regt of 24 x 76/122mm
My info suggests 2 x Btn of 18 x 76mm and one of 18 x 122mm per Division

I know most units on both sides weren't at full strength but this does seem a little on the low side !!

Good game by the way
01-23-2011, 09:19 AM,
Hi Midge,

Good question. It's usually a compromise when it comes to artillery and AT resources for both sides. Glantz's 'Collossus Reborn' lists that the Dec '42 OB for a Rifle Division has 32 76mm Art & 12 122mm Art, 160 Mortars(!) & 48 AT guns between 37mm & 45mm.

Now that's a truckload of armament. Normally battalion/regimental assets is built into the infantry's overall strength, so a pile of those AT guns and all the mortars are included there. As far as the Artillery regiment & independent AT battalion, we went with the 'standard' that had been built into Stalingrad & Kursk ie, 24 guns & 12 guns respectively. That was done solely to align with prior releases. To offset this reduction, we did up a PDT modifier for Soviet artillery from 50% to 75% to make it more effective.

Another reason to not include all the artillery & AT assets is flexibility. As additional forces are included the options the player has can exceed his historical counterpart. Lets say a second artillery unit is included - that doubles the number of targets a Soviet player can hit - at a time when rigid fire plans were more the order of the day.

You have to also consider the situation you are trying to simulate. Artillery in particular is the biggest weapon the Soviets have against the Germans - if we add to much we run the risk of stopping the German counterattacks dead - something that did not happen. In the 'Stemming the Flow' game mentioned in an earlier post my German opponents are complaining bitterly about the Soviet artillery effectiveness :)

Now that said I am mucking around with a new project and I am revisiting the AT / Artillery for Rifle divisions and will probably include at least an independant mortar unit as there were 18-21 heavy 120mm mortars in the TOE and it is probably warranted.

Ultimately play testing tells you if you have the result you wanted.

Finally, glad you are enjoying the game, we enjoyed making it and are having a ball playing it currently! Big Grin

David
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM,
(01-23-2011, 09:19 AM)Strela Wrote: Now that said I am mucking around with a new project and I am revisiting the AT / Artillery for Rifle divisions and will probably include at least an independant mortar unit as there were 18-21 heavy 120mm mortars in the TOE and it is probably warranted.

Ultimately play testing tells you if you have the result you wanted.

Finally, glad you are enjoying the game, we enjoyed making it and are having a ball playing it currently! Big Grin

David

Oh David, you've catched all my interest right now. Can you tell me?

Bests
César