• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ready to answer your Kharkov '43 Questions...
12-07-2010, 09:42 AM,
RE: Ready to answer your Kharkov '43 Questions...
(12-06-2010, 06:17 PM)Volcano Man Wrote: Has the dust settled? Can we come out from the fallout shelter and talk about the game now? ;)

Liebchen, to answer your question, I don't think this can be turned off in the game (at least I haven't see a method of doing that), but you might be able to adjust some sort of sensitivity of the mouse wheel in Windows control panel? I have done what you describe and zoomed the map by accident, until I made it a habit of taking my middle finger off the wheel.

The map adjusts if I just breathe on the mouse, it would seem. It is very disconcerting. I would have thought that I'd love this option, but not the way it's working now.
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2010, 10:46 PM,
Now that we can build bunkers cheers
Could we also agree that it's possible to repair RR?
Send this user an email
12-11-2010, 02:45 AM,
(12-07-2010, 09:42 AM)Liebchen Wrote: The map adjusts if I just breathe on the mouse, it would seem. It is very disconcerting. I would have thought that I'd love this option, but not the way it's working now.

I have been noticing that too - we'll get a setting that will disable this - standby it will be in Kh43 v1.01 sometime in the new year.

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-11-2010, 04:02 AM,
(12-11-2010, 02:45 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:
(12-07-2010, 09:42 AM)Liebchen Wrote: The map adjusts if I just breathe on the mouse, it would seem. It is very disconcerting. I would have thought that I'd love this option, but not the way it's working now.

I have been noticing that too - we'll get a setting that will disable this - standby it will be in Kh43 v1.01 sometime in the new year.

Glenn
Interesting, I had checked it out the other night due to Liebchen's post and I really have to work at it to make it work at all on my system - must be an individual mouse or system thing. I didn't even realize it was in there until others posted about it.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-11-2010, 07:45 AM,
(12-11-2010, 04:02 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Interesting, I had checked it out the other night due to Liebchen's post and I really have to work at it to make it work at all on my system - must be an individual mouse or system thing. I didn't even realize it was in there until others posted about it.

John added it as an enhance to a different engine and ported the code to this series.

Where I found it Rick was working on the game on one screen and flipping to a different app on teh other where I may quite absent mindedly use the mouse wheel.

I am using a new MS 6000 Mireless mouse and keyboard so it could be just the wheel being freer too, or some combination of both.

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-30-2010, 07:33 PM,
When I buy this game, is there anything to stop me from downloading it on to my USB memory stick and playing it on any PC that I plug my stick into?
Cheers
Neil
12-31-2010, 02:33 AM,
Yes, that will cause some problems. These comments are based on extensive testing of the install and game.

First, the game must be installed on each PC it is run on as this creates registry entries. I tried running the game from a USB drive and it wouldn't run without it being installed on that system. However, once the game has been installed on a PC, and then uninstalled, it leaves the registry entries in place for the game and it WILL run off a memory stick fine, or any other portable hard drive.

However, if you run it on a system without installing it again, it has to be reactived, which as long as you have a spare activation will work fine. But you can't uniinstall the game which is currently the only way to deactivate the game on that PC, so it will be permanently tied up. The workaround here is that you can still install the game normally, then uninstall it.

So the short answer is yes, you can install the game on a PC then copy the game folder to a memory stick and run it/save games on it, then take it to another PC it is installed on and play using the same files, but no you can't run it on any PC that you stick the memory stick in.

Best idea I have is copy the install files and game folder onto a drive, then you can move around in any situation as long as you plan ahead, and you can work with just the one game copy without having to move files around in that case.

Hope that covers it.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-31-2010, 09:12 AM,
(12-11-2010, 02:45 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: I have been noticing that too - we'll get a setting that will disable this - standby it will be in Kh43 v1.01 sometime in the new year.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Now, it seems to me that there's another patch due for Renaissance and possibly Normandy, eh? :)
12-31-2010, 11:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-31-2010, 11:33 AM by Volcano Man.)
You can already disable Wheel Zoom in the latest Normandy 44 update if I am not mistaken (the change came from feedback made after Kh43's update was already out).
Send this user an email
01-08-2011, 05:26 AM,
After I buy K43, then should I decide I have had enough of it (unlikely but these things happen), how do I sell it on in if I dont have a physical disk eg like I would on ebay?
I am not picking holes in this system. I genuinely dont have a clue.

Cheers
Neil