• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: What did you think about Giants on the Vistula?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Liked it a lot
40.74%
11 40.74%
Liked it somewhat
22.22%
6 22.22%
Did not care about it too much
11.11%
3 11.11%
Hated it
3.70%
1 3.70%
Played it, but don't remember it too well
11.11%
3 11.11%
Have not played (yet)
11.11%
3 11.11%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Scenario of the Month - Dec 2010: Giants on the Vistula
01-03-2011, 02:33 AM,
RE: Scenario of the Month - Dec 2010: Giants on the Vistula
I'm going to flip a coin, heads for **The Bitter Kuuterselka and tails for ** Fortress stirring the pot.

Tails.

This month's scenario for January 2011 is ** Fortress stirring the pot.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2011, 01:59 AM,
We're changing January's scenario to **The Bitter Kuuterselka. Stirring the Pot is still in play testing.

My apologies. I should have checked before I went ahead.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-05-2011, 11:31 PM,
Hello:

I happen to be getting my a.. handed to me currently in this scenario (as Russians) so I will join in the poll. I always enjoyed this scenario, while I admit it is a bit dated. I love the big armor catfights, as is evidenced by my scenarios, so please filter my enthusiasm based on your preferences.

The scenario allows you to make choices.
The random nature of the Russian reinforcements ARE a killer.

It plays well the FIRST time through. Once you know the drill...a competent German player can "Bum's Rush" the map because the Russkies don't have much to hurt them with. That is the biggest issue. The new 1.04 rules will keep those AT guns invisible...but a 45mm Russky AT against a King or a Tiger or even a Panther???....hmmmm...your better off hoping the Germans mass and relying on the new artillery disable results...lol...

Still...I look on this scenario with fondness...somewhere between Earls 440 SUPER COMMANDO (I still remember the air cleaner cover) and...sorry Huib...can't think of a single car from the 80's that does it for me...I guess I'll rank this as a 74 Camaro...the beginning of the end...but still nice to look at...lol...

Regards,

Dan