• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Screen problems
11-27-2010, 12:06 AM,
Screen problems
When I play a game the screen goes white at times and then I have to click on the screen to bring back normal res. I am using windows 7 and have a nvidia card 285? Anyone else have these issues?
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2010, 01:18 AM,
RE: Screen problems
Hi, here is my solution, that I posted a few weeks ago:

I also had this problem under Windows 7 on my Notebook. And I found a solution.

I changed the display mode to "Connection to a projector" and then "Doubled" the screen (without connecting anything).
Because my notebook has a size of 15:10 this changes a little bit of the Windows icons and their position (don´t know why), but when starting Squad Battles (for example Advance of the Reich), the error is fixed. Only about every 100th click a short white screen appears (mostly when AI is active), but this is no big problem.

(HPS idea of installing an older NVIDIA driver wasn´t a good solution, because many other games would crash.)

I hope this unconventional idea can help you and all the other players.
11-28-2010, 01:56 AM,
Mine would Flash White during artillery barrages, and I would only see the 'first' explosion.. once the barrage was over, control and the screen would turn back to normal.

I have a laptop with ATI card and Windows 7..

I found that running the program as Adminstrator resolved the problem..
11-28-2010, 04:39 AM,
Happens to me with Vista and a ATI Radeon. Not touching your PC (literally ;) during artilley usually avoids it for me.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

11-28-2010, 08:57 AM,
It happens to me sometimes on my old XP machine with an Nvidia card. I remember reading in a related thread that turning off your anti-virus while playing might help but that doesn't seem to make any difference.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe