liege 1914 battle
11-17-2010, 07:15 PM,
liege 1914 battle
I am playing this battle and have a couple of questions

night falls at 18:00 which is a bit early for August
and visabilty is 1 hex which is also strange for August

Are any reasons why this is so
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2010, 09:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2010, 09:12 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: liege 1914 battle
I need more information. Are you using programmed weather? If so, would it by chance be the 6th of August in you scenario? If so, then the weather was documented as being bad that day: heavy rain/fog. If you are not using programmed weather, then the visibility is fluctuating randomly between the min and max, and min is correctly set at 1 hex because of the bad weather on the 6th.

In regards to your other question about 1800, there are two reasons why this is. Firstly, in FWWC, the night turns are 6 hours, not the PzC 4 hour turns. This means that night must be two turns, which splits nicely from 1800 to 0600. Secondly, because of the 6 hour night turns, it doesn't leave any real opportunity to represent dusk/dawn around these hours (although dusk/dawn turns can be specified before night and after dawn in the winter to be on the 1600 and 0600 turns, but it doesn't apply here because it would hinder visibility even further). If you want to experiment with your PDT files and give it 4 hour night turns with a dusk/dawn at 1800 and 0400 then by all means, try it out.

Personally, I just don't think FWWC should have shorter than 6 hour nights, and if that means an abstraction with when night and morning comes in August, then so be it.
Send this user an email
11-20-2010, 06:25 AM,
Thank you for the info.Damn weather in August :-)
11-20-2010, 08:31 AM,
(11-20-2010, 06:25 AM)Bidermann Wrote: Thank you for the info.Damn weather in August :-)

Well big storms in summer are not uncommon, the day before Waterloo and the storm that wreaked the US Mulberry harbour were both in June.