• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Praise for Ozgur
11-17-2010, 09:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2010, 03:51 AM by gabeeg.)
Praise for Ozgur
I see Ozgur plays in the ladder here on Blitz and I hope he sees this though it is more for those of you that are on the fence when it comes to purchasing Red Victory.

I have played and enjoyed some of the scenarios that Ozgur created for ES...but it was not until I bought RV that I think he has really separated himself from the ordinary or even good scenario designers. After I purchased RV I cherry picked a handful of interesting scenarios with lesser known belligerents such as Spanish Phalangists, Rumanian troops, SS Wiking, etc. and maps that included Russian Marine landings...great stuff. These scenarios have been some of the best I have played, interesting, good balance and fun from start to finish. The real trick though is when I played some of the scenarios that I did not think were that interesting or seemed at first sight unbalanced. In each and every case I have been surprised and entertained by even these (and wrong about my assumptions). It is evident that each scenario was researched, designed and tested with great care. I played maybe 1/3rd to half of the scenarios available in RV so maybe there is a lemon in there somewhere...but I am starting to doubt it.

Great Job Ozgur, you have created...hands down...some of the best war game scenarios I have played in any game! Those of you on the fence...get off of it and purchase RV.

...Looking forward to applying IronX's upcoming map/graphics mod to RV for the cherry on the cake.
Kind Regards,
Harry
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2010, 09:40 AM,
RE: Praise for Ozgur
I think Ozgur knows the game engine very well. Looks at his win/loss ratio. Because of this he can make good, balanced, and fun scenarios.
Send this user an email
11-18-2010, 01:04 AM,
Ozgur brings several talents to the table in his design. His understanding of the game engine is probably one of the best, if not the best out there. His grasp of small unit tactics is outstanding along with his overall depth of knowledge when it comes to the Eastern front. All of these things combined made RV just a fantastic game. The number of games played on RV per month is quite impressive.

Everyone should tell your wargaming friends about it. The more new blood getting interested in the series the better, especially since increased sales would benefit future development of the series.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
11-18-2010, 02:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2010, 02:37 AM by Compass Rose.)
I think it is great that Oz can find time from his busy schedule to play with/against us guys and interact with us on the boards. Glen is on here a lot too. That's what makes HPS so great, in my book. Their guys are active with the gaming community and they are very approachable if we have questions, suggestions, etc. about their games.
11-18-2010, 04:50 AM,
It is a great satisfaction to see wargamer comrades enjoy the scenarios you designed. Thanks a lot guys. RV was a special title for me since, as Alan mentioned, the Eastern front occupies %80 of my military books collection. Therefore the adjustment period I need for each title was comparatively short. Different wars/theatres require some kind of tactical insight specific for that context. Since SAW days studying the tactics and doctrine of the forces occupy the core of the scenario design. So after starting a new project it is really painful to adjust yourself into the new aproaches for the tactics, organization, tricks etc.
But dont forget; quality playtesting is the backbone of quality design and I owe great debt to the guys working behind the stage.
Best
11-25-2010, 01:00 AM,
The value Ozgur and the playtesters bring to the SB series is priceless. Thanks to all who donate their time to develop such an excellent squad level tactics gaming system!