• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dutch East Indies
11-07-2010, 05:35 PM,
RE: Dutch East Indies
Hawk,
If I recall correctly...you fought like Beelzebub himself. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Cheers
Curt
Town Drunk
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2010, 09:56 PM,
(11-07-2010, 05:35 PM)Mr. Guberman Wrote: Hawk,
If I recall correctly...you fought like Beelzebub himself. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Cheers
Curt

Hello Curt,

Myself and mine are just fine these days. Thanks for asking.

I hope that you and yours are doing well also.

Thanx!

Erik
11-08-2010, 11:47 PM,
I do find that many of Curt's DEI scenarios take some non-standard thinking to go well. With EA on, the Japanese can't just move around and take all the objectives as they get to them. You will run out of time that way.

I try to "flow around" an early objective when I can and keep moving. Leave enough behind to pin the defenders in the objective, but keep the front line going. Doesn't always work because Hawk is a damn fiend when it comes to delaying actions. :)

There are often multiple waves of Japanese troops (coming from off-map as reinforcements), so you can bypass an early objective hex altogether with the first wave and leave it for the second wave.

Mike
11-09-2010, 04:07 PM,
Mike,

That sounds like the textbook way of fighting with the Japanese. The scens were designed with both players in mind.
A sneaker: haven't tried it yet, but Jason told us it was in the last patch - elite Japanese troops can now force march 3 hexes in jungle. That should go a bit to help 'em.
For the Dutch (the Allies all, for that matter), they just have a tougher row to hoe. The scens can be won...by points. An Allied victory may look like a crushing defeat. You have described them well.

Cheers
Curt
Town Drunk
11-09-2010, 11:47 PM,
Maybe someday RS will get updated like EF and WF and I'll try some of these.
11-10-2010, 01:23 AM,
(11-09-2010, 11:47 PM)junk2drive Wrote: Maybe someday RS will get updated like EF and WF and I'll try some of these.

Mail me a list of things you would like to see updated.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email