• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Armor Main Gun Ammo Load Question
10-31-2010, 03:16 AM,
RE: Armor Main Gun Ammo Load Question
In the dat editor, it is the top load while editing a weapon.

Laza - if you come across that in the future, let me know and it can be fixed in a patch.
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2010, 09:22 AM,
(10-31-2010, 02:05 AM)Checkmate King 2 Wrote:
(10-30-2010, 06:24 PM)Laza Wrote: Can be a real pain in some scns as the armour weapon loading is at default HE. I be caught out a few times witht that as have wasting smoke with a mortar shot.

How can you tell what the default load is?

I mean when the scn first starts the tank's weapon has HE loaded such as US armour at start of Morgan's Stand in ES
244 games with legend that is Richie61
11-01-2010, 04:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2010, 04:54 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
(10-31-2010, 03:16 AM)cazart! Wrote: In the dat editor, it is the top load while editing a weapon.

Laza - if you come across that in the future, let me know and it can be fixed in a patch.

Quick glance, just to see.

Korean War:

The M-24 Chaffee, the M-26 Pershing, along with the M-46 Patton and M-4A3 Sherman's main loads have the HE listed first. The T-34's load is AP first. Must be a Communist conspiracy!

For that matter, the M-18 57mm RR only has AP rounds and should have at least HE rounds as well. Found this out when playing Laz last game. This won't help my boys on Inchon this game as well!

Vietnam:

The M-48 Patton's 90mm load starts with a CAN load. The M-60 Patton's 105mm load only has HE and nothing else. The T-34 and 54's 100mm gun has both HE and AT with the HE listed first.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
11-01-2010, 02:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2010, 02:53 PM by jomni.)
Most probably default depends on the potential enemy threat for the scenario.
If infantry heavy... HE.
If tank heavy... AP.
But that's just my suspicion.
I always make sure to check the ammo for all support weapons and ammo at the start.

By the way, here's a tip for Vietnam and Afghanistan players:
Make sure to use CAN for you grenade launchers when firing at enemy 1 hex away, it does wonders. Switch to HE when more than 1 hex and it also enables you to do indirect fire.
Send this user an email
11-01-2010, 10:54 PM,
(11-01-2010, 02:48 PM)jomni Wrote: Most probably default depends on the potential enemy threat for the scenario.
If infantry heavy... HE.
If tank heavy... AP.
But that's just my suspicion.
I always make sure to check the ammo for all support weapons and ammo at the start.

The default setting is universal for all scenarios regardless of type. If the first load is HE in the editor for that cannon, it will default to HE regardless if there is armor in the battle or not.

Most likely, if you've got a tank in a scenario, so does the enemy.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
11-02-2010, 07:29 AM,
However, the scenario designer can opt to set the active load in the editor.
11-02-2010, 09:19 AM,
Yup that's what I was saying.
Send this user an email