• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Rating
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Liked it a lot
35.29%
6 35.29%
Liked it somewhat
17.65%
3 17.65%
Did not care about it too much
5.88%
1 5.88%
Hated it
0%
0 0%
Have not played (yet)
41.18%
7 41.18%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Scenario Of The Month - October: Crisis on the Oder
10-29-2010, 10:20 PM,
RE: Scenario Of The Month - October: Crisis on the Oder
Cheers Mike, what I meant was perhaps you could share a hand in getting the scenario thread opened up again, with all the ideas from this discussion?

But no worries, we will get it right cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2010, 09:12 AM,
(10-29-2010, 10:13 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Petri - I believe Dave suggested that "Crisis on the Oder" count also towards the Nov. SotM since Oct is nearly over? He is also going to have the thread moved under "Important Threads" so it does not get lost in the regular postings.

Actually I've asked for a new forum under "Forums in 'Campaign Series'" at the top where the tournament forum, DAR/AAR forum and H2H forums are. "Important threads" are just taking a thread and making it a "sticky".

Unfortunately, mods can't do this, so I have to wait for a senior officer to get around to it. Sometimes it's quick, sometimes not.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-01-2010, 05:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2010, 05:51 AM by Crossroads.)
(10-29-2010, 07:36 AM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: I like this idea, especially as we are a GAMING club. Could I make a suggestion or two.
Monthly is good. Who leads off next month? What about the first responder from the previous month?

I think the starter needs a little more preamble about the scen under discussion, with historical playing records. It might read like this.........

Crisis on the Oder EF Feb 1945, Germans attempt to hold the Oder line against powerful Russian Tank attacks
An absolute classic. 171 games %age-wise breaks 44-14-43, which suggests a perfectly balanced game.

Points to raise....how might it play with EA on?
...suitability as a scen for imstructional purposes?

Again, good points as how this new "feature" should run.

I just finished watching the Discovery World channel with their Great Tank Battles -episode featuring Kursk. I missed the first half because of a lousy football match (need to get my priorities right :mad: ), but it still reminded of this scenario - although with reversed roles.

I played this with EA off (IIRC, too lazy to check). Still, a tough fight for the Soviets.

Would like to try this from the Soviet side. Anyone out there wanting to play this from the German side?

I would like to try this with EA ON, AF OFF...
Mark W, OK to send you a file with the said settings?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-01-2010, 05:52 AM,
(11-01-2010, 05:26 AM)Sgt K. Kat Wrote: [
Would like to try this from the Soviet side. Anyone out there wanting to play this from the German side?

I would like to try this with EA ON, AF OFF...

Hi Petri,

if you haven´t found an opponent, sent me your turn. Choose the optional rules as you like, except, of course, VV:-)

Regards,
Kai
11-01-2010, 06:14 AM,
Hello Kai, I will send a file with all options on except VV and AF, I will try to have it out tomorrow evening :)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-02-2010, 01:10 AM,
Hi Petri,

(11-01-2010, 06:14 AM)Sgt K. Kat Wrote: Hello Kai, I will send a file with all options on except VV and AF, I will try to have it out tomorrow evening :)

Looking forward to hear from you. Haven´t played with AF off for a long time but remember that I liked it.

Regards,
Kai
11-29-2010, 11:51 AM,
We need a nominee for December's Scenario of the Month. Mike West was first to respond to November's, so Mike, please start thinking and pick something by the 1st or ask for suggestions.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-30-2010, 03:57 AM,
drum roll please (this should get lots of positive and negative responses I think)

How about "Giants on the Vistula"?

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
12-30-2010, 04:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2010, 04:36 AM by Crossroads.)
Just finished playing "Crisis" with Kai, this time as Allied. Given the comments earlier, I thought I would try something different and went for two pincers, both aimed at arriving to German rear area objective locations.

Based on how it went, I would conclude the IS-2s are indeed not very suitable for operating on a bad terrain. At times, I found it very difficult, until towards the end I forced the Germans into a short range duels where stationary IS-2s held their own. Even then I only managed a Minor Loss.

Next time, armed with 70 of these beasts, I will just roll on using the roadworks, and let the fleeing enemy use the non-road routes to save their dear lives :smoke:
Visit us at CSLegion.com