• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Interest in CS???????
10-29-2010, 05:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-29-2010, 06:09 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: Interest in CS???????
Here we go then. What about scenarios, then? How about just selecting one or more scenarios to be played undeer each of these areas of operation? Please add more as you see fit, or make a better index as you fit...

Poland
Finland

Denmark
Norway
Netherlands, Belgium, France
Seelion
Balkans and Greece
Mediterranean (Crete)
Africa

Russia
- Army Group North
- Army Group Center
- Army Group South
Africa

Russia
- Army Group North
- Army Group Center
- Army Group South
Africa

Russia
- Army Group North
- Army Group Center
- Army Group South
Africa
Italy

Russia
- Army Group North
- Army Group Center
- Army Group South
Africa
Italy
France and onwards
Russia
- Army Group North
- Army Group Center
- Army Group South
France
Germany

Here's a summary of key battles at Wiki, can be helpful in picking the scenarios? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wor...II_battles

So how about just copying what I wrote, and adding scenarios there as a next step. This needs not to be rocket science, let us just get this moving, yes?

PS That was just the ETO. Please feel free to add Pacific as well... I mean, I am just making this up as I go along :)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2010, 08:19 AM,
Why not start earlier...with the Italian invasion of Abyssinia, which first displayed the political weakness of the Anglo/French sphere, and gave Hitler an idea of what aggression could do for him. And the Spanish War. And let
us not be Eurocentric....there was a bit going on in the Asia/Pacific, I seem to recall.
10-29-2010, 09:11 AM,
(10-29-2010, 08:19 AM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: Why not start earlier...with the Italian invasion of Abyssinia, which first displayed the political weakness of the Anglo/French sphere, and gave Hitler an idea of what aggression could do for him.

I would offer my First Battle of Tembien as a possible Italian invasion of Abyssinia scenario.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
10-29-2010, 02:44 PM,
I'd be willing to serve as General or in the High Command. I don't particularly care which. Any side, but then, I have a weakness for the Russians...

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
10-29-2010, 05:28 PM,
(10-29-2010, 08:19 AM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: Why not start earlier...with the Italian invasion of Abyssinia, which first displayed the political weakness of the Anglo/French sphere, and gave Hitler an idea of what aggression could do for him. And the Spanish War. And let
us not be Eurocentric....there was a bit going on in the Asia/Pacific, I seem to recall.

I agree full heartedly! I will do a new write up later today to have the battles and scenarios sorted out on a chronological order. Starting from Abyssinia, Spain, and definitively including the Pacific as well.

Watch this space :)

Mark, once again: what a boss idea, as my kids would tell you cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-30-2010, 03:06 AM,
OK, I created a new thread for the tournament, hopefully to be soon re-located to Tournament area.

Meanwhile, keep those ideas coming in! This is by no means my project.

So what do we need next:

1) New generals. Please volunteer in this thread. Only eleven or twenty-one slots available at the time of writing this.

2) New scenarios for each year. Don't be shy! Let us first gather a healhty amount of scenarios, then pick up the proper ones.

Thanks to everyone, especially again to Outlaw J. Wales for this idea, and for KKR for the first delivery of scenarios to choose from!

cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-30-2010, 03:18 AM,
I'm definitely in on Axis side.

We may use our Ranks to set Chain of Command.
10-30-2010, 03:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2010, 03:24 AM by Crossroads.)
Maybe we can allow for some wheeling and dealing for those who want to choose a particular side, after the division into teams by rank is made?

With the method I described in the tournament thread, we can ensure we have two very balanced teams.

In your case, should you end up in Allied side, we can agree for those who want to move into other side?

I am just making this up as we go :)

EDIT: The Tournament draft is available here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid332019
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-30-2010, 03:29 AM,
Sounds like a fine idea I would like to play. Any side is fine by me, but I would prefer to stay in European/Africa theater rather than the pacific, just to be awkward. :whis:
10-30-2010, 03:34 AM,
Otto, you are in. Again, at this point of time I propose the preferences can be agreed within a team.

Of course, at the end of day, we need to be sensible to everyone's wishes to make this happen. I will just try to be a bit tough here in the beginning :)

PS I have not played a single RS scenario in my life...
Visit us at CSLegion.com