• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Any movement on HPS making the games CD Free?
10-28-2010, 06:41 AM,
RE: Any movement on HPS making the games CD Free?
thanks lowlander and foul-Im good to go...made the folders and burned the exes and it works like a charm
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2010, 08:32 AM,
It was the goal -and I haven't heard anything different- the one thing I was aware of was that Rich Hamilton had been on a board (might have been GS might have been CSW)- stating that Tiller had to devote time elsewhere this past Summer. Reading John's page - in his bio type section - it looks like that was for a contract he had gotten with the US Navy. It happens, as that is where the real money comes from - not HPS game releases.

I assume with the next sets of patches, even more titles will have the cd thing removed, haven't heard anything different from any official source on or off the record.
Bydand
Send this user an email
10-28-2010, 08:45 AM,
Any patched game will not need a CD. Once it is in the code - and it is in the code now, it would actually be more work to include the CD check.
Send this user an email
10-28-2010, 08:58 AM,
So the real question that everyone should be asking is not when's the next game coming out, but rather, when's the next patch coming out.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the arrival date of any patch more than six weeks in the future turned out to be speculative.
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
11-01-2010, 06:02 PM,
Fwiw - patch cycles are generally tied to engine updates - either for recently released games or series that have a title in development.
Bydand
Send this user an email
11-01-2010, 06:28 PM,
(10-28-2010, 08:58 AM)Philippe Wrote: So the real question that everyone should be asking is not when's the next game coming out, but rather, when's the next patch coming out.

Hey no! i prefer to know when the next PzC/MC is coming, rather than a new patch!