• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What needs to be done to improve the CS Forum?
10-28-2010, 05:51 AM,
RE: What needs to be done to improve the CS Forum?
(10-28-2010, 05:21 AM)pawn117 Wrote: How about a scenario of the month. Players submit/discuss how to go about winning the scenario.

MILSketch could be used to express ideas.

Good idea!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2010, 06:06 AM,
"Maybe make Monday a topic of the week day? First CS member to initiate a new Monday's Topic of the Week gets a ladder point award? Best topic after so many months (by membership vote) gets another bonus? Or a patch?" - Scud

"How about a scenario of the month. Players submit/discuss how to go about winning the scenario. MILSketch could be used to express ideas." - pawn117

I think both of these are good ideas! :)
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
10-28-2010, 05:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-28-2010, 06:00 PM by Crossroads.)
(10-28-2010, 06:06 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: "Maybe make Monday a topic of the week day? First CS member to initiate a new Monday's Topic of the Week gets a ladder point award? Best topic after so many months (by membership vote) gets another bonus? Or a patch?" - Scud

"How about a scenario of the month. Players submit/discuss how to go about winning the scenario. MILSketch could be used to express ideas." - pawn117

I think both of these are good ideas! :)

Love them :)

First Topic Of The Week award to Rod for his interesting discussion on trucks :kill:

Scenario of the month? Crisis on the Oder? Never been so panic stricken at Campaing series but when watching them legions of Iosif Stalins making advance towards my Panzer IVs... :bow:

It is a small scenario, but then again, only a couple of days of October left as well :)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-28-2010, 07:44 PM,
LOL, actually, scenario of the month sounds good. Could spark lots of talk and opinion, even if it happens to be a "Best played against the AI" scenario. Very constructive. Doesn't have to be a dissertation, but just observations.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
10-28-2010, 10:59 PM,
Shall we start with "Crisis on the Oder"?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-29-2010, 05:25 AM,
Without dragging up the past problems within the Forum, nor taking away from the suggestions made here to improve the CS Forum, I personally think one has to find a way to entice old members who have given up posting, and had valid points to discuss but gave up due to the past issues.
I've bit my lip in commenting on this issue but, as I said long ago, the danger is, new members and old will be put off bothering to contribute anymore due to the flamewars that stifled the threads and views and I personally feel this lack of posting is the result now?
Much as I enjoyed CS from years ago and the updated Matrix version, I have now migrated away from the game in favour of others for no other reason than I gave up bothering to try and discuss what I felt were relevant points here.
In no way does this reflect on the new forum rules that were brought into place, in hindsight I think they were necessary and still are.
I am merely trying to say it as it is, the past issues are what has damped down this forum imho and I think that is what people should concentrate on, repairing that problem. I personally can't think of a way as I am more or less finished with CS apart from the odd game and, the suggestions made here would not draw me back and doubt it would with many others. I think you would just have this nucleus of players discussing as normal.
Hopefully, I will be proved wrong for the sake of the forum, maybe newbies will be drawn into the debates, maybe some 'missing' vets will return.
Not trying to be contentious with this post, I just feel that as it's been asked no need to shy away from some realities?
10-29-2010, 02:48 PM,
In my opinion Glint, everyone's opinion, when presented in a respectful manner is more than welcome, but then maybe I've missed some of things you're talking about. I for one, am glad you felt comfortable with voicing your thoughts.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
10-29-2010, 03:08 PM,
Exactly Larry !
I won't drag up the past again, and I'm glad you take my comments the way they were intended.
10-29-2010, 09:11 PM,
Gents: :smoke:

Your responses and suggestions have been great! :bow:

In the past 24 hours... there has been a flurry of activity and postings here at the Blitz! A couple of fine ideas have bubbled to the top... and are being implimented! Fantastic!

Let's keep up the good work! cheers
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email