• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Another plug for the H2H scenarios.
10-27-2010, 08:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2010, 08:58 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
Thumbs_Up  Another plug for the H2H scenarios.
The recent "supply question" thread in which a player found his supply sources blocked has illustrated why you should consider trying out the H2H Approved scenarios available, on this occasion the players decided to play the stock version when a H2H version was available, the very issue that surfaced in this game had been addressed in the H2H version and may not have become an issue at all, below we see the stock map...
[Image: 158d9f138aStock.JPG]

the open southern flank just invites a raid by Allied armoured car units and there is an extra incentive of a VP reward in each hex, in a game of only 6 moves any turn lost to isolation would mean a certain loss for the Axis side.

Below is the same scenario but with the changes introduced after H2H testing...
[Image: b723ed5e08H2H.JPG]

a line of impassible hex's has been added to prevent a A/C raid, the VP points have been removed and a 37mm PAK unit is fixed in each hex these have a hard attack value that can hurt any A/C that slips through, the changes may not be subtle but they help to ensure the action is at Mersa Brega as intended and not 30 clicks behind the front line!

Although i would never claim the H2H scenarios are perfect they do address the most obvious tactics used by players in the rough and tumble of PBEM games, so where can you get these masterpieces i hear you cry?? ;)

They are located at the H2H sub-forum which is above the main forum..

[Image: 7fc6215cb3H2H%20forum.JPG]

there is a post for each scenario and a link to the files, if the scenario is a VM Alt scenario then if you have his latest scenario packs you will automatically have the H2H version.

The H2H versions are worth exactly the same ladder points and can be reported just as the stock scenarios are, so there is nothing to lose and everything to gain.

A H2H version of the F40 Stonne scenario is in testing at this time, although still a WIP it already represents a significant improvement for PBEM games than the original version.
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2010, 08:56 AM,
RE: Another plug for the H2H scenarios.
I am not sure what Scn this came from and who designed it for that matter, but generally I try and avoid cases where vic hexes are on supply sources.

Supply sources are NOT DUMPS rather that are lines from supply of the map and we try to avoid setting up any scn where a) a side can occupy the otehr sides supply sources to isolate the army. Even small scn I try to have three or even four supply sources. b) avoid encourgaing players to occupy them by putting objectives on the hexes.
Send this user an email
10-27-2010, 09:01 AM,
(10-27-2010, 08:56 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: I am not sure what Scn this came from and who designed it for that matter, but generally I try and avoid cases where vic hexes are on supply sources.

Glenn,
This is the #01a -Enter Rommel a stock T41 scenario designed by Wig Graves.
10-27-2010, 01:38 PM,
Thanks Foul for the H2H thread. It is nice to see picture examples of what a H2H scenario can look like and instructions on how to locate them.

I'll be sure to try it out!
10-27-2010, 04:45 PM,
There is an AAR of this scenario Enter Rommel HTH also in the AAR section of the blitz.

Foul is a master of the desert. I always end up with a mouth of grit taking him on in the North Africa wastes.
I would recommend playing him in the NA PzC titles to anyone who wants a few losses. Ah, but the lessons you will learn from those losses will serve well in games against others.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp