• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Case Blue I scenario?
10-18-2010, 06:50 AM,
Case Blue I scenario?
I am reading David Glanz's "TO THE GATES OF STALINGRAD" and I am using the map of PzC Kursk 43 as a reference for the first phase of operation Blau.
Is there anybody to make a scenario for this operation?
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2010, 07:56 AM,
RE: Case Blue I scenario?
The Stalingrad 42 PzC title already contains several of the actions in the Don River Bend during the summer / fall of 1942.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
10-18-2010, 08:59 AM,
(10-18-2010, 07:56 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: The Stalingrad 42 PzC title already contains several of the actions in the Don River Bend during the summer / fall of 1942.

Dog Soldier

Yes, I know that but Blau I is at a different area between Kursk and Don.
A missing action in PzC Stalingrad 42 Abganerovo scenarios (Hoth's Gamble) is the repeated soviet attacks from the Kotluban area which kept the bulk of XIV PzK away from the early assaults against the city of Stalingrad. In these scenarios the 3 divisions of XIV PzC are free to attack the city from northwest direction with their full strength.
10-19-2010, 11:52 AM,
The Kharkov 42 game ends on May 24, 1942. The Stalingrad 42 game starts with a few Don Bend scenarios on July 24, 1942. Allowing for time to reorganize the Axis forces, resupply, repair, etc. I think the only action missing between the game is the pursuit of the defeated Russian forces in early July 1942. Not much of a subject for a PzC game, IMHO.

The suicidal Russian attacks on the "corridor to the Volga" from the north were a very desperate attempt to distract Paulus and 6th Army from simply walking into Stalingrad. The Russian defenses were a shadow of what was needed at the time.

I do not think these uncoordinated, piecemeal attacks would be that much of a game in the PzC sense. A nice historical exercise to illustrate what was happening, but not much more than that as the Germans fended these attacks off pretty easily.

In any case, if this is your "cup of tea" I do not see any reason you could not create a mod to cover this time frame.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp