• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Low Ammo OOB
11-04-2010, 08:16 AM,
RE: Low Ammo OOB
Just started a game with the new low-ammo OOB's against Wulf Blitzed and going to post a DAR in the AAR section.. called "Hell in the Huertgen".
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2010, 12:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2010, 12:53 AM by Cross.)
(11-04-2010, 08:16 AM)2ndLt_Fjun Wrote: Just started a game with the new low-ammo OOB's against Wulf Blitzed and going to post a DAR in the AAR section.. called "Hell in the Huertgen".

I have read your initial posts and look forward to following the battle closely. I will of course be particularly interested in how you deal with the additional ammo challenges in the second half of the battle.

If anyone wants to read the action from the US perspective (except Wulf Blitzed :rolleyes: ) you can see it here:

https://www.theblitz.club/aars/Steel-Pan..._aar&aar=9

There is also a "Subscribe to Comments" button where you'l be notified when people post comments.

I've already got some 'after-action' feedback about the low ammo OOB, and definately would like additional feedback.

The feedback so far, is that the LA OOB are an improvement over the orginal OOB, and there's suggestions for additional improvement and tweeking.

Please feel free to post feedback/suggestions here, or use email or private message. AAR's would be particularly valuable.

cheers
11-12-2010, 07:01 AM,
Into turn 9 now in my PBEM. Still no big effects from the lower ammo seen.. been doing some z-fire with the machine guns, but nothing extensive. Ammo stores are diminishing though. The infantry has only done close range combat so far, which uses quite little ammo.. one shot or two and the opponent retreats.
11-13-2010, 10:25 AM,
(11-12-2010, 07:01 AM)2ndLt_Fjun Wrote: Into turn 9 now in my PBEM. Still no big effects from the lower ammo seen.. been doing some z-fire with the machine guns, but nothing extensive. Ammo stores are diminishing though. The infantry has only done close range combat so far, which uses quite little ammo.. one shot or two and the opponent retreats.

That actually sounds perfect to me. I was hoping that this mod did not drastically change game play but just made you keep ammo in consideration and to plan and fight a bit more carefully. I think I will install it for my next PBEM game...(opponents willing of course).
11-14-2010, 04:58 AM,
(11-13-2010, 10:25 AM)gabeeg Wrote: That actually sounds perfect to me. I was hoping that this mod did not drastically change game play but just made you keep ammo in consideration and to plan and fight a bit more carefully. I think I will install it for my next PBEM game...(opponents willing of course).

If you want to try a game with the low-ammo mod I'd be glad to play another one.
11-14-2010, 05:19 AM,
(11-13-2010, 10:25 AM)gabeeg Wrote: That actually sounds perfect to me. I was hoping that this mod did not drastically change game play but just made you keep ammo in consideration and to plan and fight a bit more carefully. I think I will install it for my next PBEM game...(opponents willing of course).

This mod definately won't cause a drastic change in game play. In fact I think it's main impact will be to reduce z-fire.

I just finished a desert battle against the AI. On turn 20 my only unit to run out of rifle ammo ran out (most arty had run out by this point).

It was a British section with only 50 rifle ammo. And that platoon was my most engaged platoon. By the end of the battle on turn 25 (it finished early because the Germans had run out men) the other sections in the platoon had:

Rifle:5...LMG:15...Sten:32
Rifle:19...LMG:42...Sten:32
Rifle:22...LMG:35...Sten:30

I used almost no z-fire though. Even my HMGs didn't use z-fire, because it was a desert battle with good visibility.

My 4 HMGs started with 60 each and ended with:

I also think the side that is most likely to have ammo issues, is the winning side. Because the nature of the game is that the one who engages the enemy the most is likely to be ahead.

But this doesn't take into account z-fire, because if you fire a ton of z-fire you are going to run low, whether winning or losing.

cheers