• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Want to play the entire war start to finish in PzC?
10-07-2010, 07:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2010, 09:36 PM by Volcano Man.)
Want to play the entire war start to finish in PzC?
I thought so. Maybe I am crazy (don't answer that Blackie!), but I put this diagram together if someone wants to embark on a start to finish WW2 campaign. The vision came to me in the past and I put it on paper, and I intended this to be some big project with a load of "what if" scenarios, but I figure I would share the diagram if someone wants to use it (this is an improvement of that hand drawn monstrosity I posted years ago).

The idea, when I first made this, was that some of the scenarios in this tree are not yet made (I was going to make some of the what ifs, if you try this out and five years from now you get to one of these "what ifs" that haven't been made then let me know; I will make it.

[Image: PzC_Alt_linked_campaign_diagram.png]

That is just a sample image, I can't make it any bigger that that, so, CAN'T READ IT? Get the full sized version here.

Here is the write up I made for it:

"The idea behind this is that one or more users can choose to experience World War II in a long sequence of linked campaigns with a varying path depending on the outcome of each scenario. Users can jump into the linked set of scenarios at any point and, in the case of PBEM, can mutually decide to skip some or come to terms on an agreed result of a given scenario. The primary advantage of this linked approach is that it gives a reason to play those alternate "what if" scenarios where one side clearly has an advantage, as long as long as previous actions has led up to that scenario.

For best results, two teams of two players should embark upon a PBEM campaign which will span many years of play depending on how far down the tree the conflict progresses. Two teams of two will usually guarantee that play can proceed when one of the players might be periodically unavailable to play.

Enjoy!

If you have any feedback be sure to let me know in the PzC forum on www.volcanomods.com"
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2010, 10:34 PM,
RE: Want to play the entire war start to finish in PzC?
You must have to much time on your hands!! get a job LOL.

well done, it is a great concept dont know how many years it would take to complete .
10-07-2010, 11:15 PM,
Great layout VM, I am ready, LOL.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
10-08-2010, 12:01 AM,
Are you going to do the same thing for WWI? :cheeky:
10-08-2010, 12:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2010, 12:46 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
Interesting. What about one or more of the top experts go through all the titles and decide which scenarios to play for a trip through history and set it like a guy did in ACWGC. He made a list of the historic battles from HPS and BG series and posted like maybe 5 at a time. People posted to claim the battle they would play as either north or south. If you were a Confederate member of the club, you played rebs, Union, you played Yanks. You could only be in one battle at a time and could not post for a second until the first was complete. Of course even the largest ACW battles are much easier handled as one player than the large PzCs.

The larger battles could be posted as a team game with x amount of slots and one doubled as CinC. The first person to claim a spot could just be a subordinate unless he wants to be CinC. As long as a spot is open, a person can claim it. If a person signs up as a western ally, he can only play western ally. Axis can only be Axis and so on. An ally can be western or russian if you use the first setup. No limit to how many people on either side, but with so many people that play PzCs, I don't see a problem of having enough for any team. It would just be for fun or extra points for the the winning team which would be scored by the total points of all the game combined.

Or you could have somebody sign on as supreme commander for both axis and allies and their teams are those who sign up for either one. He then designates which subordinates to command each scenario as it is posted to get started. That also includes if a scenario is listed as a three man team, he designates the team from his list of available subordinates. If somebody has to drop for whatever reasons, he designates the replacement.

If you set a WF and EF as separate, a person can play in both competitions because they are run as separate competitions. If run as one and a person wants to be allied and axis, he would have to wait until a second competition is setup to play the other side.

Seems something like that might be interesting.

Any thoughts?
10-08-2010, 01:22 AM,
Pretty amazing the volume of information that is now available after all this time in the PzC series.

Now that is a BHAG! (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) Big Grin

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
10-08-2010, 01:41 AM,
Ed you ARE crazy!!! No wonder it takes you so long to get a game out:smoke: Of course I would try this, except I haven't got the time, in fact, no-one has the time.cheers

You really are nuts.
10-08-2010, 02:19 AM,
Come on Blackie, you have at least 45 years left in your right? So play through each one in about 1.5 years apiece. When your fingers give out to carpal tunnel syndrome John should have a speech to movement pack working so you could talk through the commands to your units at minimal loss of speed, and by the time we are comatose a direct brain interface could be hooked in.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
10-08-2010, 02:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2010, 02:54 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
Ed i agree with Blackie, you ARE crazy :pullhair: it is official (i will add this fact to your profile using my special admin powers), but i just love the way your mind works!!!! :bow: :smoke:
10-08-2010, 03:39 AM,
Uhmm there's no Sealion in that pic.. i suppose that it was not available when you made it...

Anyway, nice job!