• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

War Plan Orange and Uncommon Valor
02-25-2011, 04:53 AM,
War Plan Orange and Uncommon Valor
Does anyone own War Plan Orange and/or Uncommon Valor? If so, what do you think of them?

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2011, 09:07 AM,
RE: War Plan Orange and Uncommon Valor
I own Uncommon Valor and enjoy it. I actually have owned it for a couple of years but in the last few months have actually spent some time with it. It is not a game you just jump into, but once you know what everything does in the interface it is not that difficult. You do have to struggle through a game or two before it becomes truly enjoyable IMO. The one thing that is a minor issue for me is sometimes the combat results are a little unrealistic...but for the most part they are reasonable (even if the number of bomb hits, torpedo hits or planes downed seems off, the over all results are reasonable). Also the interface maxs out at 1024x768 ...but it is not really a problem for game play...just a shame as it would look great on widescreen and in high res. Anyway, I give Uncommon Valor a thumbs up.

I bought it back when I was unsure if I could get my head around WitP (AE). Now that I have played around with UV and have some scenarios under my belt I finally purchased WitP-AE....just waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

I too am curious about War Plan Orange...I love the time period in Naval History.
Kind Regards,
Harry
02-25-2011, 09:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-25-2011, 10:26 PM by Lowlander.)
RE: War Plan Orange and Uncommon Valor
Would'nt waste my time or money on either game, just take the plunge and buy WitP/AE which is the latest most up to date addiction.

All these games are very deep and time consuming therefore IMO you can only play one as it will take at least a couple of years to play the campaign and hopefully the design team have moved up another level by the time we finish.

OK had UV but gave it away when I started on WItP.
Bought WPO which is quite bland, just a retrofit version of WitP however would recommend it for the naval buffs.

If interested I have both games WitP boxed ( not AE ), and WPO download version on a nice printed disc for trade.
Straight one for one swap for any of the following HPSSIMS Squad Battles, Red Victory or The Spanish Civil War and Mr John Tillers Modern Squad battles.

Just incase anyone is interested in the above I'm from Scotland so postage in Europe or USA would be less than 5 Euro/Dollars.