• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

looking for play testers
10-01-2010, 12:38 AM,
RE: looking for play testers
I have Gebhardt's work in it's original form (Leavenworth Paper No. 17) published by the Combat Studies Institute, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027-6900. In my opinion, this is the absolute seminal work on the Petsamo-Kirkenes operations; most of the other studies I've seen regarding this time and place actually lean pretty heavily on or are wholly derivative of CSI's work.

As to the map size I'm using, for the sake of getting it done sometime in the next year is 400 x 360. The detailed coastlines and rivers, with the tremendous elevation changes are the challenge (I am kind of anal about the maps I make).

More as work progresses.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2010, 03:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2010, 03:20 AM by Crossroads.)
(10-01-2010, 12:38 AM)Larry Reese Wrote: I have Gebhardt's work in it's original form (Leavenworth Paper No. 17) published by the Combat Studies Institute, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027-6900. In my opinion, this is the absolute seminal work on the Petsamo-Kirkenes operations; most of the other studies I've seen regarding this time and place actually lean pretty heavily on or are wholly derivative of CSI's work.

Thanks Larry. I will go ahead and order the book cheers

EDIT: Seems to be available on-line here: http://www.cgsc.edu/carl/resources/csi/g...ardt.asp#1
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-01-2010, 01:33 PM,
Nice! Didn't realize it was online too. I have the hard copy.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.