• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Future of PzC Series
10-05-2010, 05:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2010, 05:50 AM by carreteroarturo.)
RE: Future of PzC Series
well actually i am editing a Sebastopol 41 campaign and a leningrad 41 campaign (finnish troops in here), but i need to make a lot of portraits and check the original oob files.

is there out there someone to help me?
the initial campaigns in africa would be good
Lybia 40 the graziani`s guys attacking the british...!

Arturo Carretero
Orberststurmführer
4° Pz Div
75 +

There is no Glory without Tears and Blood....

http://pc-war-gaming.blogspot.com/

http://mysecondworldwar.blogspot.com/

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2010, 05:22 PM,
(10-05-2010, 05:48 AM)carreteroarturo Wrote: well actually i am editing a Sebastopol 41 campaign and a leningrad 41 campaign (finnish troops in here), but i need to make a lot of portraits and check the original oob files.

You're editing.. what pzc game to "adopt" those campaigns?
10-05-2010, 06:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2010, 06:10 PM by Volcano Man.)
(10-05-2010, 05:48 AM)carreteroarturo Wrote: well actually i am editing a Sebastopol 41 campaign and a leningrad 41 campaign (finnish troops in here), but i need to make a lot of portraits and check the original oob files.

As Gasbag mentioned (post #12), there already is a little known expansion for El Alamein '42 that covers all the 1940 "early" campaigns in North Africa (Graziani, Compass, Beda Fomm) - it is an expansion pack download at volcanomods.com. :whis:
Send this user an email
10-06-2010, 01:18 AM,
I wonder if it wouldn't be better to simply include the El Alamein '42 mod and the Operation Compass expansion mod in the same package?

My own Alamein mod does that, and it would make it easier for people to use if there were one less installation step (too many already).
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
10-06-2010, 04:50 AM,
Nah -- I would rather keep all expansions separate for the simple fact that some people want it, and some don't.
Send this user an email
10-07-2010, 02:06 AM,
(10-06-2010, 01:18 AM)Philippe Wrote: I wonder if it wouldn't be better to simply include the El Alamein '42 mod and the Operation Compass expansion mod in the same package?

My own Alamein mod does that, and it would make it easier for people to use if there were one less installation step (too many already).

It's actually really easy to install Ed's EA '42 & Compass '40 mods; a couple of mouse clicks & you're done. I like his idea of keeping them separate as well because you aren't forced to download to expansion if all that you want is the EA '42 mod.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
10-07-2010, 04:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2010, 04:18 AM by Philippe.)
I agree that it's easy for you and even for me.

But over the years I've noticed that people who like retro music and retro gaming also tend to have retro computer skills.

I gave up doing sound mods after having to explain how to convert MP3's to wav. files over at the Combat Mission site a few years back.

Though I suppose the other way to look at it is that they just need practise, and keeping the mods separate will give them a little more of that.
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
10-08-2010, 01:28 AM,
(10-07-2010, 04:17 AM)Philippe Wrote: I agree that it's easy for you and even for me.

But over the years I've noticed that people who like retro music and retro gaming also tend to have retro computer skills.

I gave up doing sound mods after having to explain how to convert MP3's to wav. files over at the Combat Mission site a few years back.

Though I suppose the other way to look at it is that they just need practise, and keeping the mods separate will give them a little more of that.

I thought that your name sounded familiar. I remember you from when I used to play CMBO & I used to post over on the Battlefront forums. It's been a long time...
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe