• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Laying your arms
09-16-2010, 09:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2010, 09:52 PM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
RE: Laying your arms
(09-16-2010, 04:59 PM)Skryabin Wrote:
(09-16-2010, 11:48 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: Also somthing to keep in mind. A loss a 1 Infantry SP means all 5 guys were killed. It could mean 1 badly wounded guy and the other 4 take him to the aid station.
This is interesting. I've never thought about that.

Sorry I mistyed this. I meant to say a loss of 1 Infantry SP does not mean all 5 guys were killed.

Quote:Well, (digging in :cool2: ) sometimes live is all about hope. What did it mean then?

It was a calculated risk by those who surrendered that they would not be shot as they surrendered, that they would surrive the journey to the POW camp and that while in the POW camp they would be treated according to the Geneva Convention and return to their homeland at the end of hostilities.

The fact of the matter still remains. In CS is does not matter how you lose an SP. You have lost it and it of now use to you.

If anything capturing an SP should be worth MORE points than an SP eliminated.

Prisioners can be interrogated......dead bodies can't. Intel is critical to an army's success. POWs can provide some of that.

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2010, 05:52 AM,
(09-16-2010, 09:48 PM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: Sorry I mistyed this. I meant to say a loss of 1 Infantry SP does not mean all 5 guys were killed.
Yes, I got it right. Tank you.

Quote:The fact of the matter still remains. In CS is does not matter how you lose an SP. You have lost it and it of now use to you.
Well, my thought passed away. Will stick to Manual.

cheers
Dmitriy
09-17-2010, 09:36 AM,
Damn does my typing suck! :rolleyes:

Thanx!

Hawk
09-17-2010, 07:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2010, 07:07 PM by Crossroads.)
(09-17-2010, 09:36 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: Damn does my typing suck! :rolleyes:

If only your game playing would suck, too...:hissy:

Big Grin

Skryabin, good thoughts on surrendering... At times, I wonder should those units with low on morale refuse orders (or perform some other action), while also using their SPs... As they are, they appear at times fanatical following my orders to the point...

I really really like the abstraction level the game offers. While the glass can be half empty, it can also be half full on all cases. Hawk's example about a 1SP infantry loss a case in point! (Or how do you say it? A point in case?? That's a bingo?)

cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com