• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

9-11 Not Forgotten
09-13-2010, 07:35 PM,
RE: 9-11 Not Forgotten
Curt, I understand.
On December 7th you can post up a recognition of Pearl Harbor. I will not interject any comments about 9-11 upon it.

Mike, we should never let the wound heal. At least until all those who use terror attacks to murder the innocent are killed.
We should strike hard at Islamic Extremism and push back against terror attacks by killing all the terrorists. I, for one, do not want to make nice with anyone whose main goal is to subject me to their religion and laws, or kill me if I do not bow to it.
A clearer basic understanding of Islam will show you what their "peace" truly is. That radicals choose to carry out the wishes now, will only show us what is in store for all of us later.

Ed
09-15-2010, 08:47 AM,
Don't want to wring an old rag...but it seems, to me...neccessary. "Islamic Extremists" are like "Nips". There are two sides to every story. I'll not excuse a thing, but to simply go swinging...is not the answer.

And to accomodate that kind of rhetoric...in my opinnion...is antithetical.

I grew up in Turkey...in the 60's. We used to take our American teams to Beirut, Eskanderun, Naples, Tehran, and etc, to play the Americans there, football, basketball, baseball... That cannot be done today. Hell, while on active duty, I was in Tehran the September before the revolution...trading Penthouse magazines to our allied soldiers for a night on the town.

It is not just the fault of the ill advised direction (my opinnion) of the societies involved...but we, the US are also culpable. Without the acknowledgement of that...the problem will never be solved.

That is what I was referring to. Somehow it has to be fixed...and I believe we are the only cats that can...by initiating a fix...or most difficultly acknowledging someone else's fix. Until that can be done...this will go on forever. Those "Arabs" (et al) are as terrible and as tough as our cowboys...believe it.

Cheers, as always

Curt
Town Drunk
09-15-2010, 06:57 PM,
Curt,

Once again. This thread was started to remember 9-11.

Your view of Islam is not my view. You memories of the '60 have no foundation in current reality. It is a different world out there.

If you are unwilling to see what Islam and the Koran teaches, and where we are heading, then that is your choice. Like Jefferson said, "Once you go to war it will go on forever."
Sadly, I believe it is the religion itself that is causing the problems. They never had a "reformation". Their aim is to subject all religions and all people to the laws of Islam, which is also the foundation of their religion.

How can you do anything more than fight someone who's very existence is based on the precept of subjecting you to them, or killing you if they cannot bend you?

Can the forum mods please lock this thread? If Curt wants to continue to divert the original intent then we go down the wrong road?

Ed
09-15-2010, 07:51 PM,
I strongly urge this thread be locked.

This forum is NOT the place for what are in the final analysis political issues. There is a myriad of blogs out there where these matters can be discussed with passion. A pissing contest here about who thinks what about whatever event is unseely, to say the least.
This is a club for wargaming. Let's keep it that way.
09-15-2010, 09:46 PM,
I agree strongly that this thread needs to be locked.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
09-16-2010, 05:28 AM,
Locked by popular demand.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email